LCVG

TechTV and G4 become one...

Whooter

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by HellToupee@Jan 2 2004, 09:34 PM

I TiVo Screen Savers , Call For Help & X Play. I'd imagine CFH & SS survive easily in the merger.

Same here, although CFH I mostly fast-forward through to get to the Cat parts. ;)

I hope X-Play would make the move, I far and away prefer it to "Judgment Day" on G4 as a review-type show. Tommy Tallarico at least has some gaming cred with his music, but I don't know who Victor Lucas has naked pictures of to keep his job. Shows from G4 that I hope survive would be Pulse and G4TV.com (maybe re-vamped into daily shows). Filter is a guilty pleasure (I mostly enjoy gazing at Diane Mizota).

Maybe Xplay has gotten better. But ever since they added the hot chick, and made the guy a total moron, I really lost interest. I used to Tivo the show when it was called Extended Play. Has anyone here been watching it since the beginning, who can tell me if it has gotten better since the "transition" to Xplay?

If TechTV and G4 merge, since I don't get G4, does that mean that I'll get the G4 programming on my TechTV channel - that would be sweet.

It has improved since the transition & while they spend more time on crap other than reviewing games than I'd prefer, when you consider they are doing a show every night it all works out for the better IMO.

I say bring on the G4/TechTV combo with more & better video game programming...hopefully!

If they kept all the original-content TechTV shows (XPlay, Screen Savers, Call for Help, Fresh Gear) and got rid of the four-year-old British robot olympics, Eurocentric military documentaries and creepy Sixties sci-fi marionette shows, while adding the not-quite-horrible G4 fare (Filter, Pulse, Judgment Day (Victor Lucas is the creator/director, so that's how he keeps his job), G4TV.com, Cinematech, Game Sauce) and get a sponsor other than Pringles, I'll be happy for the merger.

I see G4's CEO and COO are expected to stay in charge. Does this mean that shows like TSS and CFH will now feature attractive 19-year old women who read the teleprompter woodenly and don't like computers or videogames?

I had G4tv for a while and really, really disliked it. Judgment Day was the only show I could tolerate. I am not looking forward to a merged TechTV/G4tv run by the people behind G4tv.

-j

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Jan 3 2004, 10:06 AM

I see G4's CEO and COO are expected to stay in charge. Does this mean that shows like TSS and CFH will now feature attractive 19-year old women who read the teleprompter woodenly and don't like computers or videogames?

Well, as long as she has enormous breasts and wears low-cut blouses (I'm assuming we're referring to I-can't-decide-if-she's-actually-attractive Ronilyn Reilly), I'll woodenly watch her read. On the other hand, Cat Shwartz does (unintentionally) post naked pictures of herself on her website. Let's call it a draw.

Originally posted by adamsappel@Jan 3 2004, 10:28 AM

On the other hand, Cat Shwartz does (unintentionally) post naked pictures of herself on her website. Let's call it a draw.

Damn I've never been on here site :( . I've been to Leoville & thankfully I can report no naked pics of Leporte.

Originally posted by adamsappel+Jan 3 2004, 09:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamsappel @ Jan 3 2004, 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robot Monkey@Jan 3 2004, 10:06 AM

Well, as long as she has enormous breasts and wears low-cut blouses (I'm assuming we're referring to I-can't-decide-if-she's-actually-attractive Ronilyn Reilly), I'll woodenly watch her read. On the other hand, Cat Shwartz does (unintentionally) post naked pictures of herself on her website. Let's call it a draw. [/b]

I'm guessing that's who he's talking about. I'm with you, Allen. Now that I think about it, neither TechTV nor G4 has hired what I would call "barkers". ;)

Laura Foy, Tina Wood, Diane Mizota, and Ronilyn for G4. Plus the "hardware girl(s) on Judgment Day, Stacee Barcelata (Arena), and Julie Stoffer (Electric Playground), and Julia Reed (Hi-Score, which is abyssmal and best watched with the sound off).

Morgan Webb, Cat Schwartz, Sarah Lane, Jessica Corbin, Laura Swisher, Becky Worley, Michaela Perreira, and of course the former members of the club, Sumi Das and Kate Botello.

All high on MY watchability meter, anyway.

Originally posted by adamsappel@Jan 3 2004, 01:36 AM

If they kept all the original-content TechTV shows (XPlay, Screen Savers, Call for Help, Fresh Gear) and got rid of the four-year-old British robot olympics, Eurocentric military documentaries and creepy Sixties sci-fi marionette shows, while adding the not-quite-horrible G4 fare (Filter, Pulse, Judgment Day (Victor Lucas is the creator/director, so that's how he keeps his job), G4TV.com, Cinematech, Game Sauce) and get a sponsor other than Pringles, I'll be happy for the merger.

...and if they added "Video Power" to the lineup.

My show is kickin' with maximum height

Say Video Power? Yeah, that's right...word!

Originally posted by HellToupee+Jan 3 2004, 11:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HellToupee @ Jan 3 2004, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamsappel@Jan 3 2004, 10:28 AM

On the other hand, Cat Shwartz does (unintentionally) post naked pictures of herself on her website. Let's call it a draw.

Damn I've never been on here site :( . I've been to Leoville & thankfully I can report no naked pics of Leporte. [/b]

You're welcome:

NOT WORK SAFE!

I have other less revealing pix if anyone's interested...

I guess my feeling -- more clearly stated -- is that generally speaking the women on G4tv are awful at reading the teleprompter and show zero enthusiasm for the subjects.

Is this a good thing? First, many female hosts on TechTV are attractive, yet they're usually enthusiastic and competent. Second, how does it make our hobby look? Will your aunt/coworker/date be likely to believe your argument that GTA3 is art when their exposure to G4tv revealed that videogame enthusiasts are oblivious to quality if attractive or even semi-attractive women are involved.

Which approach is likely to be welcoming to gamers of all types?

And how could you goofs miss TechTV's lovely Lindsey Arendt from your lists?

-j

I'll take the robotic but good-looking female hosts over the wacky and "hardcore" male hosts. To my eyes, Tommy Talerico is the only real "gamer" over there, and he oozes cheese like a baked Brie. Cory Rouse (Cheat), Bill Sindelar (Blister), Scot ? (G4TV.com), the hulk (Arena), these guys are supposed to be representative of the gaming community? Where's the untelegenic fat guy, like me? If they're not going to hire people who actually play games, I'd rather they hire hot chicks than asshole guys.

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Jan 5 2004, 07:57 AM

I guess my feeling -- more clearly stated -- is that generally speaking the women on G4tv are awful at reading the teleprompter and show zero enthusiasm for the subjects.

Is this a good thing? First, many female hosts on TechTV are attractive, yet they're usually enthusiastic and competent. Second, how does it make our hobby look? Will your aunt/coworker/date be likely to believe your argument that GTA3 is art when their exposure to G4tv revealed that videogame enthusiasts are oblivious to quality if attractive or even semi-attractive women are involved.

Which approach is likely to be welcoming to gamers of all types?

And how could you goofs miss TechTV's lovely Lindsey Arendt from your lists?

-j

I don't know that I'd agree. I think maybe the only female on G4 that fits that description would be Ronilyn. The others all seem pretty enthusiastic and knowledgeable to me...

I don't know that I've ever actually seen Lindsey, myself, but a Googling returned some nice pics. Thumbs up. :)

Originally posted by allen+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allen)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I'll take the robotic but good-looking female hosts over the wacky and "hardcore" male hosts.[/b]

I agree, but is that a real choice? In other words, are there no attractive females that show any interest in videogames or knowledge of the subject? I'm not going so far as to say that they must be hardcore?

<!--QuoteBegin-whooter

I think maybe the only female on G4 that fits that description would be Ronilyn.

To be completely fair, I stopped watched G4tv a while ago and my opinion might not be applicable anymore. I was thinking Ronilyn and the girl who did Filter (Mazota?) in particular. And as I think about it, the two girls from the call-in show (G4TV.COM?) were fine.

Oh, and Lindsey Arendt is the one of the anchors on Tech Live.

-j

Originally posted by Whooter+Jan 4 2004, 06:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whooter @ Jan 4 2004, 06:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by HellToupee@Jan 3 2004, 11:52 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-adamsappel@Jan 3 2004, 10:28 AM

Damn I've never been on here site :( . I've been to Leoville & thankfully I can report no naked pics of Leporte.

You're welcome:

NOT WORK SAFE!

I have other less revealing pix if anyone's interested... [/b]

Oh my! Why thankyou , thankyou very much :D

Originally posted by kfredericks@Jan 5 2004, 08:55 PM

At least, I don't think those pictures are very flattering.

I would agree that the topless ones aren't great, mostly because they're blowups of thumbnail-size pics.

These, however, I like a great deal:

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/backthere.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/eyes.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/flipuoff.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/love_mr_t.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/oh_hi.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/puffy.jpg <-- My favorite.

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/see_see.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/wallpaper1.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/catpic3.jpg

http://www.mavhockey.com/cat/0067.jpg

These are all work safe, BTW.