LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
NickC

Disney+

I genuinely gasped when he appeared! It was a nice enough of a surprise seeing the kids, but then they really shocked me by managing to convince him to talk about it (presumably this must have all been around the time they were in talks to have him return for the new movie).

The Narnia episode was the least appealing as I’ve no affinity for the film, but it was still very enjoyable to watch.

I’d love it if they do another run of episodes. My top three would be The Rocketeer, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Dick Tracy.

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

The Narnia episode was the least appealing as I’ve no affinity for the film, but it was still very enjoyable to watch.

I have not watched it yet, but this is the least appealing to me also. I have an affinity for Narnia, but not for this version. 

Dick Tracy would be good for sure. I’m sure Star Wars is inevitable if they make more.

I’d like to see one for Flight of the Navigator with Paul Rubens. Maybe the Love Bug and The Mighty Ducks too. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the first few Narnia films. The third is one film I know I saw, but could not tell you a damn thing about.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:28 PM, Angry the Clown said:

Rise of Skywalker comes to D+ on May 4th. I was surprised to see the UK will be getting it then too (the disc and digital release was only a week ago here). Can’t say I am keen to see the film again but hopefully that documentary from the disc is included as I’d like to see that.

All the special features from the disc are indeed there today (they weren’t last night when the movie went up curiously). The John Williams featurette which I think was a digital exclusive (?) is there too.

A new Star Wars show was announced on Good Morning America today....

Good thing ABC/Lucasfilm are both owned by Disney.

:picard-facepalm:

I'm going to have to start Star Wars Clone Wars from scratch because I can't remember a damn thing from that series.

5 minutes ago, Dimness said:

I'm going to have to start Star Wars Clone Wars from scratch because I can't remember a damn thing from that series.

It’s definitely something I’m planning. I don’t think I got beyond Season3, but since I’ve pretty much forgotten it all I’ll start over.

I’m still not far into Rebels. 

• Like 1

Strong finish for Clone Wars, the last 4 episodes were some of the best, if not the best.

• Like 1

Probably Friday. New episodes are out today because its SW Day.

Dave Filoni really shines in the last 7 minutes of the second episode of the Mandalorian documentary.

:banderas:

He does, yes. Also how curiously random is it that they use a pre-97 clip of the death star explosion in that episode? That certainly raised an eyebrow.

I’m pushing through Rebels having just started season 3 (never knew Tom Baker did anything for this show. That was a delight to hear him).

Watched 5 episodes of the Prop Culture.  The best by far was The Muppet Show.  Just magic.  The worst was Pirates (a film I love).  Also really dug the Poppins and Roger Rabbit episodes.  More please.

HOLY SHIRTBALLS 

This has made my day. It wasn't supposed to be coming until next year! We were supposed to see this in London at the beginning of last month, but of course that never happened.

Of course, there's still no sign of Ticketmaster refunding us yet.

• Like 1

Neat-seems like if they were going to do a surprise announcement like this, it would have been "and it's available now" though.  Lots of time between now and July for people to forget.

I’ll get Disney+ to watch this. I was fortunate enough to see it on Broadway last year and it was great, but you just can’t beat that original cast feeling :).

So, it's great news, but there are several utterances of fuck and shit in the lyrics. Are they really going to let them all slide on D+ I wonder? (with the obvious exception in The Adams Administration which is deliberately bleeped for humour).

The technology episode of the Mandalorian documentary series is superb. Just the kind of detailed dive into how they’ve used the Unreal engine that I was hoping to see. It’s stunning. Absolutely game changing stuff to say the least.

It’s honestly one of the most exciting advancements in filmmaking technology that I’ve seen in years. Really interesting to see them link it back to how Favreau had been pushing and pushing towards this over the course of R&D on Jungle Book and Lion King.