LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
NickC

Disney+

Yup, things are going to get pretty messy for a while.  Interesting that piracy is going back up.  I didn't realize that, but it makes perfect sense as the market gets fragmented.

I agree.  For Netflix, it has always been "Come for Friends and the Office, stay for Stranger Things."  Netflix has been on the smart path.  But in a world where Disney owns fucking everything and is coming out with their own service, they're fucked.  They tried so hard to beat Hulu, CBS, and HBO.  They didn't see Disney coming.

Other than Stranger Things, I don't even bother checking Netflix anymore!  My go-to is Amazon Prime.  They have so many old school horror titles and such that it's almost like video store days checking the titles they offer.  

I realised with Netflix that I don’t need a rolling subscription. I need only sub for a month as and when I please to catch up on some of their shows. I’ll next check in around the time Dark Crystal is available, then check out again.

A long rumoured Rocketeer film reboot featuring a female lead has been re-developed into a cute looking Disney Jnr show which we can expect on Disney+ at some stage.

Shame it’s Disney Jnr. There might have been room to be a little bolder had it been on a tonal level of the Star Wars cartoons and targeting a similar audience. Too much to hope that we’ll see a little girl Rocketeer beat up Nazis.

No I’m glad, my niece will watch it and it won’t annoy me. 😉

On 7/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, Angry the Clown said:

Is the new Muppet Babies good? Are kids enjoying it? It’d be nice to think of kids developing a fondness for Muppets and The Rocketeer.

My niece has not watched that, I will have to try and sneak it on the tv.

In other news Obi-Wan Disney+ series with Ewan looks to be in the works https://deadline.com/2019/08/ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-disney-plus-star-wars-1202669319/ I was hoping the movie rumors were true, but a series is even better.

I'm not saying it's definitely an overreaction to the pram-emptying over The Last Jedi, but we're now three for three on Disney+ Star Wars shows being about a bloke running around killing people in the lawless backwaters of the Galaxy Far Away.

Disney announced that Disney+ will launch in Canada and the Netherlands on 12th of November with the US. A week later it will launch in Australia and New Zealand on the 19th. So that's a UK launch very likely off the cards for 2019 (short of a launch closer to Christmas), but their aim is to cover all of western Europe by the end of March.

The App has been confirmed for AppleTV, iOS, PS4, XB1, Android based devices and Chromecast. Nothing on an agreement with Amazon for now.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, Angry the Clown said:

A long rumoured Rocketeer film reboot featuring a female lead has been re-developed into a cute looking Disney Jnr show which we can expect on Disney+ at some stage.

Shame it’s Disney Jnr. There might have been room to be a little bolder had it been on a tonal level of the Star Wars cartoons and targeting a similar audience. Too much to hope that we’ll see a little girl Rocketeer beat up Nazis.

I've long wanted a Rocketeer TV show... but this ain't it.

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

The Rocketeer is fucking brilliant.

Your one of the Top Gun-deniers right?  If so, let's get together and do a Top Gun and Rocketeer double-feature.  I've never seen Rocketeer.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Your one of the Top Gun-deniers right?  If so, let's get together and do a Top Gun and Rocketeer double-feature.  I've never seen Rocketeer.  

OMG, how can anyone cram that much nonsense into such a short post?!?! 

:camilla:

You're brilliant in all of the wrong ways! 

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

The Rocketeer is fucking brilliant.

Damn right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dienekes96 said:

Now they both have Jennifer Connelly.  Although Rocketeer had her at 20...

:banderas:

• Like 1