LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 The Black Order - Switch - Coming July 2019

I couldn't find a thread for this for some reason. If you have it handy, I'll merge them but for now, the X-Men are in!

• Like 1

It’s a shame that it’s Switch only. But I guess it’s getting published by Nintendo?  I thought I heard that. 

Excited for this game.  Biggest problem though is how chaotic things can get.  You can lose track of where you are on the screen.  Had this problem with even Diablo.  And reviewers have specifically mentioned this as a problem.  Nonetheless less, this is a buy.

I know phil and I are going to pick this up. Free online from twitch sub will come in handy :)

2 hours ago, Romier S said:

This sucks. I really wish this was out on the more powerful platforms.

As a non-Switch owner, and not about to become one, this is one of the rare exclusives I'm annoyed at. I really want to play a good modern Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. 

• Like 3

I am still getting it, there are supposed to be some updates at launch ,and more in the pipeline

Just now, Brandon H said:

Any one up for some online co-op?

I will have it tomorrow. Will be up for it for sure. I know my brother will also.

• Like 1

I have leveled a team to 10 already :) The camera has a few issues. Sometimes it also zooms out too much, which is not good on the small screen. I need to hook up the dock tomorrow.

Some nice continuity using Yuri Lowenthal and Nadji Jeter for Spidey and Miles. It lets me believe this is happening some time down the line from Spider-Man on the PS4.:)

6 hours ago, Brandon H said:

Anybody up for tomorrow am or Sunday?

I’ll be around most of the weekend, just need to do some errands this morning sometime,

Don't think I have you guys on my friend list. My friend code is SW-8275-0382-3717

55 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Don't think I have you guys on my friend list. My friend code is SW-8275-0382-3717

Ugh. I had forgotton about Nintendo and friend codes. Oh Nintendo...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

By the way, I’m in the Shadowlands and having a good time with it. The performance has been solid thus far but my goodness does the camera suck balls at times. The

Doc Oc

fight was an exercise in sheer frustration thanks to any level of that fight happening in a corner. It’s been a long time since a game has had camera work bad enough for me to feel the need to call it out.

Yeah. There is an option for heroic cam which I need to try. Also click the right stock to readjust the camera.

What team have you been using?

So far I have been using Capt America, Gamora, Captain Marvel, and mostly playing as Spider-Man

I’ve switched it up quite a bit. I’ve been grinding infinity trials to get XP cubes and keep unused characters at similar levels. My “core” team has been Cap, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Iron Man. I handled the second half of the Raft tower as an all web slinging team since it was so Spidey-centric. So that was Spidey, Miles, Gwen and Venom. That was fun. Shadowlands, I swapped in Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist alongside Captain Marvel. I’m working through Avengers Tower and

Ultron

right now with Cap, Wolverine, Iron Man and Hulk. I’m using Cap or Wolverine more often than not.

All of my character are at least level 10. I have a few at 13, 12 and 11 and Deadpool at 21 who unlocked early thanks to the expansion pass.

• Like 1

My daughter and I are enjoying this.  All the things that reviews complain about are true though.  The CAMERA is an abomination!  I'm always skeptical of this type of criticism because usually I never find it to be true.  But in this case, my daughter and I were literally cursing the DEVELOPERS while playing the game.  I believe she said "they should be killed."

Like REALLY BAD game-breaking camera issues.  Our entire party had died except my daughter's character.  So she was fighting a boss alone.  Her health was relatively low.  And then the camera just got stuck in the corner of the room.  So she could see neither the boss or herself.  All she could do was button mash, listen to the fight, and complain about Team Ninja.

And that is NOT an aberration.  Having the camera pointing someplace that makes no sense happens all the time.  I've been playing videogames for 3 decades and this game honestly has the worst camera of any game I have ever played.  Easily.

Now I assume this is exclusive to cooperative play since (I think) you control the camera when playing by yourself.

I knew going in this wouldn't be as good as Diablo.  The level design.  Graphics.  Feeling that your moves and powers were badass.  And that is true.  All those things are worse.

But it is still pretty good, and it is Marvel, so that rises above.  Kind of like how Transformers Devastation was a "pretty good" game, but because I'm in love with G1 Transformers, I consider it as an excellent game.