LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 The Black Order - Switch - Coming July 2019

As you level up you become much more bad ass. Upgrading the team atribute trees , doing the infinity side stuff is a must.

also when a camera sticks, click the right stick.

55 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

also when a camera sticks, click the right stick.

I cannot verify, but does that apply in co-op?  I'd guess not.

55 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

As you level up you become much more bad ass. Upgrading the team atribute trees , doing the infinity side stuff is a must.

I just learned to dodge last night, which has made the game much better.   So frustrating to get caught in a combo.

My biggest disappointment so far is the relative ineffectual nature of moves.  I hope that will change.  What I mean is that it seems like most moves are just about damage dealing.  So no matter what the move, nothing seems to happen on screen as far as your interactions with enemies.  Just a HP loss.  

This is why I like Captain American's shield throw move.  Because it actually knocks people to the ground.  There is some effect.   In Diablo I would be more deliberate with my use of abilities trying to gain a particular advantage.  Slow enemies down.  Lower their defense.  Knock them down.  In this game the different moves seem more like a skin, ineffectual.  Just window dressing.

I say all of this hoping that this will change as I get more characters and unlock more abilities.  But that is my experience so far.

Depends i guess on who you use. Some powers lower the enemies down so you can stun them quicker.  Combo moves help to it quicker. The game is easy, but has a little learning curve as the tutorial does not cover many things.

My daughter and I enjoyed the game more than ever last night.  I looked up what the best characters were, and made some adjustments to our team.  

+Wolverine

+Spider-Gwen

Also, I found the team upgrade menu.  The lab?  Spent all of our points at once because I didn't know this menu existed.  Then we played a level and WHOA, way easier.  We kinda were getting our ass kicked.  Especially in boss fights.  But now we shifted the advantage in our favor a tick, and we feel like bad-asses now.   The feeling that my moves actually hurt people is awesome.  I do a super move with Wolverine and am rewarded with 6 dead Hand.  Very satisfying.  Previously no matter what moves I did everything was just a grind.  Felt like I was biting their ankles.

Experience went from C to maybe B+   Also, the environments are better now.  That first jail section was pretty bad.  Seemed more like the original Gauntlet than Diablo.  But now the levels look like they actually had someone work more than 20 minutes on the levels.

Camera is still a joke.  But whatever.

Kid loves this, I hate it. The voice acting is so bad, the camera is at times a nightmare, and the level design is bad as well. Hard to believe Diablo 3 and this are on the same system. But I keep playing because my kid loves it and we are playing it together. 

Holy shit the Dark Dimension sucked balls. Horrid level design, slog level battles. Serious low point.:/

The ISO-8 stuff is pretty needless, too. Seems pretty tacked on.

I got past the DD pretty quickly, haven’t been able to play much this week.