LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Marvels The Avengers coming from Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics

8 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

CG trailer assemble! 

For the length of time they've been working on it, and that it's due this year allegedly, I hope it's gameplay!! A few designer friends from LucasArts are on it & extremely cagey about it all. Gah!

• Like 2

If I had to put money on whether this will be an amazing game like Spider-man or a mediocre game, I'm getting more of a mediocre vibe from the cheesy E3 presentation.  I have this feeling that the game was designed by marketing executives.

Of course, I deeply want to be wrong.

• Like 1

That was...underwhelming.  Of course, there wasn't any gameplay, either, but still....underwhelming.

I'm trying to understand if this is more like Destiny or more like Spiderman....

At first it seemed more like Spiderman... but then they go on about delivering free regions at no cost, new characters at no cost....huh? 

I'm not inspired by it at all. I'd hoped they'd embrace their own unique take on everything visually, rather than the half in / half out of the MCU direction they seem to have taken. I'm surprised how bad the character models look too.

I think this game looks fine,  needs a lot of tweaking it seems, but I rarely expect much from these type of adaptation titles. Spiderman was anomaly, but hopefully it's success inspires this game to get polished before release. All of this under the context that I have no clue when it's being released. 

It was a strange video. Parts looked like it could be in game, but it really showed nothing at all.

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

It was a strange video. Parts looked like it could be in game, but it really showed nothing at all.

At best it's "in engine." 

Sounds like the closed door demo to press is not available for any of them to play but instead played by one of the dev team members.

Easy Allies walkaway impressions of what they saw is positive so far though. The satisfaction of playing as those characters, and being part of a team, seems to be there.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:24 AM, Angry the Clown said:

Sounds like the closed door demo to press is not available for any of them to play but instead played by one of the dev team members.

Easy Allies walkaway impressions of what they saw is positive so far though. The satisfaction of playing as those characters, and being part of a team, seems to be there.

The Giantbomb impressions were very..... confused? Unsure? They couldn’t quite figure out what the game was going to be and seem surprised they didn’t have more to show considering it is supposed to be out in less than a year. 

The story mode is single player only, no co-op. Some of the side stuff that opens up can be played multi player. Excitement  has shrunk to nothing.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

The Giantbomb impressions were very..... confused? Unsure? They couldn’t quite figure out what the game was going to be and seem surprised they didn’t have more to show considering it is supposed to be out in less than a year. 

Easy Allies made the point that it’s visibly buggy, just as the Cyberpunk closed door demos were, so perhaps understandable to hold it back from public view if there’s not clearly stable build to show off yet. 

I’ve read more concerns from those who saw it that echo my issue with it not seeming to know whether it wants to ape the MCU or not, and that when it does it’s to the detriment of the experience.

I think they botched the sales pitch with this one with the underwhelming trailer. That Switch game looks more interesting to me at this point.

I am looking forward to MUA3 . The first two are fantastic.

The CGI in that trailer was so lifeless and generic. I went from being excited at the thought of a Square-Enix/Marvel game to being completely disinterested.

Camera footage but maybe you know...show this at E3 instead of that CG nonsense and terrible messaging cause it actually looks like a pretty decent beat-em-up.

• Like 2