Marvels The Avengers coming from Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does the Xbox version get Spawn?  

I've played the beta for a couple of hours, and it's...pretty okay!  Enemies are repetitive so far, but each of the Avengers does feel really distinct, and there's quite a bit of variety to the combat

I was more positive on the potential of the game,  so I'm glad to see this progressing.  Of course we all just watched Thor kill a bunch of bad dudes with that fucking hammer, that just happened! 

Posted Images

A lot of really positive vibes coming out on this game. Though the one review I was watching was that the environments are pretty mediocre. And in the video it seemed like it had generic Marvel Ultimate Alliance-like environments. That the story and gameplay is fun, but the playground isn't particularly impressive. What say you Joey?

So far the game looks excellent , and environments have been really good in the story mode. In the beta the “war zone” areas were pretty much get in beat up a ton of stuff and get loot”. They are also going to be adding  a lot of new stuff not in the beta for co-op as well so reviewers won’t see that stuff until everyone does.

Only graphical glitch I saw that was mentioned in a review,  was during one cut scene Kalamas hair disappears for a few seconds. 

One small issue for me that was a little jarring. I have mostly played as Kamala Kahn, and have her and gear leveled up pretty high. So i am kicking the crap out of large groups of enemies in this mission, which leads into a new story point. Then they introduce a new avenger and they are lvl 1 with crappy gear. So then you have to get used to an entire different play style with less upgrades. 

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me some things?

I've been auto-equipping my loot. Paying NO attention to what I picked up at all. Things get replaced so frequently by higher power items, it seems wasteful to use resources upgrading anything. So I don't. I break everything down after I auto-equip. Am I doing the right thing? Or maybe at some point it becomes useful to upgrade stuff? When is that point?

It isn't clear to me what the different types of orbs are either. Which is bad because you can apply skills that increase the frequency particular orbs drop. 

I accept all the faction quests, is that bad?  I just accept them, and if I do them in time, I do them in time. Since I don't use any resources I get on anything, and since I don't really appreciate any gear I pick up because I just auto-equip the highest powered stuff, all of the grinding stuff/resources/progression is all pretty much noise to me. But maybe it shouldn't be?

Any advice for me? I am enjoying this game. I play with my daughter. When you're in the campaign and you invite someone to play with you, and you beat that level, does it get checked off as complete? I haven't noticed. I always assumed that I was helping my daughter beat levels but I'm not sure.

I upgrade loot once I get Rare/Exotic/Legendary items as soon as I can as that helps raise your power levels. As you do that, mission difficulty goes up and you get even better drops. The equipment all have different effects so you may want to save certain ones for different missions. Also don’t be afraid to scrap higher items if you do t plan on using them. It’s a quicker way to upgrade things.

There are a lot of drop types. Everything from Stamina replenish , to equipment of different  levels, to resources to upgrade the equipment, etc etc, I picked it up pretty quickly.

I expect all the faction requests every day I log on. Plus they made it easier now to get them. Each outpost has stations now to get them, before you had to go to the Carrier and the Ant-Hill each time.

What system you playing on Keith? I have been playing alone, and would like to try out some online co-op soon. I’m on Xbox.

36 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

I upgrade loot once I get Rare/Exotic/Legendary items as soon as I can as that helps raise your power levels. As you do that, mission difficulty goes up and you get even better drops. The equipment all have different effects so you may want to save certain ones for different missions. Also don’t be afraid to scrap higher items if you do t plan on using them. It’s a quicker way to upgrade things.

There are a lot of drop types. Everything from Stamina replenish , to equipment of different  levels, to resources to upgrade the equipment, etc etc, I picked it up pretty quickly.

I expect all the faction requests every day I log on. Plus they made it easier now to get them. Each outpost has stations now to get them, before you had to go to the Carrier and the Ant-Hill each time.

What system you playing on Keith? I have been playing alone, and would like to try out some online co-op soon. I’m on Xbox.

Thanks for the info. I’m on PC. No cross platform play exists I take it.

• 3 weeks later...

For sure, unlocking all the main powers on the first screen are a must once you get to post campaign stuff. I played Kamala most of the campaign so she is around power 70. I’ve been trying to level the rest of them to be the same. I have most almost to 50 with all of them  Except Iron Man as I really do not like playing as him.

That is disappointing . They have updated the game a lot since launch, and have added a lot of things people have asked for. Looking forward to the expansion packs. Reminds me so much of the Destiny launch, except this had held onto my interest. 

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

That is disappointing . They have updated the game a lot since launch, and have added a lot of things people have asked for. Looking forward to the expansion packs. Reminds me so much of the Destiny launch, except this had held onto my interest. 

Making these big shooter (and I know this has more melee, but you know what I mean) character games with endless treadmills of systems + online play is hard. And keeping the wheels on the bus spinning with new content is hard. And judging your online service structure for scale of launch is hard. And then keeping players engaged + coming back with new content drops? Hard. 

I feel their pain. The market for these games is so tough... Destiny took a long time to really grow + for Bungie to get it right. They had a much less competitive market. 

This is one that was on my radar until the open beta and then dropped off. I was interested in this one but, the reviews were mediocre, the coop was rated lower than the campaign, the performance wasn’t rated well and I never found a good sale price. I LOVE looter shooters like this, especially with the Avengers characters and I still pop on Destiny and Division but, I’m just just not sure with this one. For you guys playing it, how is the performance now? You guys mentioned a lot of features have been added in since launch - how is coop today? I still don’t see any better sale prices for it but, is there a free trial or anything (I couldn’t find one)? You’re right though, and “services” games like this should be considered over the longer term just like Destiny but, not sure if now is a good time to jump in on this one. 

@Magness performance is perfectly fine. I never ran into any major issues on the One X retail release. I haven't played online co-op , as the A.I. Team Has been perfectly fine (they are going to add so you can give orders to A.I. Teammates in the next big update) . They have also added some new post game stuff which I am not at a high enough level at yet.