LCVG

Fall Guys [PS4/PC] - 2020

I enjoyed this colourful trailer from the Devolver presentation (Belafonte’s ‘Jump in the Line’ can always knock something up a notch too).

I thought it was giving off a Lemmings vibe, but it sounds like a spin on Battle Royale which admittedly I find less appealing, but the details below actually sound really fun:

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout flings hordes of contestants together online in a mad dash through round after round of escalating chaos until one victor remains!

Battle bizarre obstacles, shove through unruly competitors, and overcome the unbending laws of physics to avoid both humiliation and elimination. Leave your dignity at the door and prepare for hilarious failure in your quest for the crown!

Massive Online Pandemonium: Dive into a series of ridiculous challenges and wild obstacle courses with 100 competitors online, all with the hopes of making the cut and advancing to the next round of mayhem.

Competitive & Cooperative: Shift between brutally competitive free-for-alls and cooperative challenges where only the winning team advance to the next round! Comically Physical: Watch in delight as your fellow competitors bend, bounce, and bash their way to hilarious, physics-based failure!

Delightfully Customizable: Fail in style with everything from fashionable pineapple couture to the latest in bunny hats available to customize your look in Fall Guys.

https://devolverdigital.com/games/fall-guys/

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been enjoying watching some let's play videos of this (Easy Allies had a fun one). I'm really not into multiplayer games, but there are a small handful of exceptions and this one has a very similar appeal as Tetris 99 to me, plus the cute and colourful art direction is very much to my taste.

Shame I will have missed it on PS+ but I'd like to buy it someday.  

• 6 months later...