LCVG

Panzer Dragoon Remake (Switch) — Now available on Switch, PS4 and PC (Xbox "Later").

JFo

2 minutes ago, JFo said:

Guys, I'm starting to get concerned. It's been four hours since this announcement was made and we still haven't heard from Romier. Can someone drive over to his house and make sure he's OK?

Maybe he is traveling for work.

To be fair we've known since the Dec announcement remakes were coming.

As I wrote there, the unknown dev's hot garbage website still leaves me concerned, which is probably unfair, but still... first impressions and all that. 

http://forever-entertainment.com/en.home.html

The trailer raises my hope a little though.

Watched the trailer and I’m .......concerned.

The new art provides a serious shift in atmosphere. It’s different but that’s a lesser concern than the game speed being damned slower and feeling just “off”. It has a bit of a low budget look/feel, too.

I don’t know. Consider me tentatively excited.

I’m not hating how it looks as such. The low budget is also no shock following the announcement last Dec. It actually looks nicer than I had anticipated.

I did wonder about the speed though, but I suppose it could be slowed just for the benefit of the trailer? (possibly grasping at straws there). I’ve no idea if it is on the show floor but some direct game footage captured by a journalist would be welcome.

Panzer Dragoon analysis starts at 6:52. Nothing major revealed (Spoilers: it looks better and runs smoother than the Saturn version). 

I think it it looks pretty good. It’s been so long since I’ve played the original, I don’t know if I’d notice a difference in gameplay speed. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Romier S said:

Limited Run Games is the publisher of the physical version.

Panzer on the Switch is great news! This is just my subjectivity,  but I'm so far out on physical media that it seems strange that it's getting a physical release.  Good news for people who are in on physical media though!

A quick search,  can't find an answer,...  is it also getting a digital release?  I would assume,  just didn't find a confirmation.  (Other than in your above post referencing 'physicsl version,' which seems to imply digital additionally) 

6 minutes ago, JTello said:

A quick search,  can't find an answer,...  is it also getting a digital release?  I would assume,  just didn't find a confirmation.  (Other than in your above post referencing 'physicsl version,' which seems to imply digital additionally) 

I’m pretty sure it is pretty much considered digital “primarily” now, never additionally anymore. And since Limited Run Games is releasing it this absolutely means there would likely have been no physical release at all otherwise. 

10 hours ago, Eldorado said:

I’m pretty sure it is pretty much considered digital “primarily” now, never additionally anymore. And since Limited Run Games is releasing it this absolutely means there would likely have been no physical release at all otherwise. 

Correct. With LRG the run will be small, too. 2500-5000 at most.

I will be buying one for sure as I’m definitely a physical media guy.

• 5 months later...

It’s lovely. It really is.

I played through the first three levels ands it’s a respectful remaster that’s makes some smart changes like ridding the game of the fade in and out loads during the levels. It’s all seamless. The art changes work though perhaps are a bit garish in spots but it evokes the look of the original game really well. The new modern control scheme takes a little getting used to but you can always switch back to classic if you choose. The game feels really nice for the most part  and I’m ecstatic as the early videos really left me concerned that they would ruin the feel of the game. Switching around the shoulder buttons feels pretty laggy though. Hopefully that gets addressed.

The music, I’m happy to report is gloriously intact.

Dive in, Daniel. What little niggles I have can be sorted with a patch.

One major concern - its only 30fps which hopefully can be resolved when it hits PS4/Xbox.

Edit: I should add that I’m playing mobile not docked.

• Romier S changed the title to Panzer Dragoon Remake (Switch) — Now available on Switch, PS4 and PC (Xbox "Later").