LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JFo

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel Confirmed for Switch

The trailer shown during the Direct definitely made it seem like we would be following the same characters from BotW on another adventure. It will be interesting to see where this one goes.

Sadly, no mention of a release date, which means it's probably a few years off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JFo said:

Sadly, no mention of a release date, which means it's probably a few years off. 

If it's using the same assets in a Majora-like sequel, I don't think next fall is out of the realm of possibility. 

20 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

They would want a heavy hitter to go up against the new consoles. Zelda is as heavy as it gets. 

I hadn't even factored that in. Makes perfect sense!

• Like 1

If Nintendo expected it to arrive in late 2020, I would have expected them to say so in the trailer. It could happen, but for now I remain skeptical.

54 minutes ago, JFo said:

If Nintendo expected it to arrive in late 2020, I would have expected them to say so in the trailer. It could happen, but for now I remain skeptical.

Yeah, a DOS prompt saying "The sequel to Breathe of the Wild is now in development" looks like something the secretary typed up this morning.  If it weren't for the cinematic they showed before it, I'd say they decided this past Friday that they were going to make this game.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Yeah, a DOS prompt saying "The sequel to Breathe of the Wild is now in development" looks like something the secretary typed up this morning.  If it weren't for the cinematic they showed before it, I'd say they decide this past Friday that they were going to make this game.

lr0ijmo9cqq01.jpg

• Like 2

I’m happy with more BOTW. My only real wish for it would be to have actual Zelda like dungeons. The substitutes in BOTW never quite scratched that itch. 

I feel that given the development time for any franchise in this day and age, we'll probably be playing this game on the new Nintendo system.

I really don’t think it would take too long, assuming it would indeed base itself on a number of BOTW assets of course.

If they target a holiday 2020 release it would already be almost four-years after the last game.