LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD [Switch/PS4/XB1/PC] - October 2019

Weird choice to go and remaster Banana Blitz of all games. 

I had hoped were the series to ever return we'd at least start with a game combining the best of 1 & 2. Still, I'm happy to see Monkey Ball on SEGA's mind again.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Romier S said:

They get rid of all of that Wiimote bullshit and it might be worth playing.

I think I would have been okay with the motion controls if they had allowed you to hold the Wii remote with two hands NES controller-style. Using it one-handed was incredibly awkward. You already had to bend your wrist to hold the remote “level,” but to move forward, you had to bend it down even more. This felt very uncomfortable and was an ergonomic nightmare.

With two hands, it would have been much easier to tilt the remote forward and back as well as have a better sense of which position was level. Plus, it would have felt more comfortable to play.

But yes, this all pales in comparison to having proper analog stick controls. I think I remember liking the game overall but found the motion controls frustrating for the reasons stated above. It will be interesting to see if it holds up with a decent control scheme.

P.S. I’m kind of pissed that the announcement trailer focused on the dumb story and didn’t show any actual gameplay.

The game as a whole was diabolical, not just the tilt controls. Although there's a fair argument to be made for the level design being so yawn-inducing -because- they had to simplify things so much to cope with the vague controls, I guess. But really, it's AWFUL. One of the most disappointing games I've ever played, and I had Rise of the Robots.