LCVG
JFo

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Coming Holiday 2020

The June 4 event has been postponed

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/06/the-future-of-gaming-playstation-5-game-reveal-event-dated-for-june-4/

"While we understand gamers worldwide are excited to see PS5 games, we do not feel that right now is a time for celebration," the official PlayStation Twitter account posted on Monday. "For now, we want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard."

Good call, Sony

• Like 4

While I am eager to see some of the new games, Sony is right now is not the time.

Yep, good call. 

It’s the same day as George Floyds memorial service. It would have been remarkably tone deaf to move ahead with it.

Indeed. Good move (do I dare even look to Twitter to see how many might actually be complaining about this?). 

*edit* I looked. Why do I choose to make myself miserable? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Romier S said:

Yep, good call. 

It’s the same day as George Floyds memorial service. It would have been remarkably tone deaf to move ahead with it.

Oh man. Didn’t realize that. Certainly made the right call. 

This was retweeted by Wario64 who posts a ton of game deals and has some connections. Purely rumor at the moment but.....

Follow-up:

That sounds like Bluepoint whose been rumored to be working on a Demon’s Souls remaster/remake. 

• Like 3

Between native PC ports and PSNow the PlayStation library is really starting to get “interesting” for PC...

I think it's the right approach to allow certain exclusives a wider reach after x amount of years. I keep waiting for the day the streaming services recognise the value there too (not that I'd expect a streaming exclusive movie/show to go to another streaming platform, but to disc and/or iTunes/google play stores for purchase would merely expand revenue potential for content). It's good to see Sony potentially doing this more, especially coming off the back of them no longer being quite as standoffish as they were against cross platform multiplayer.

Amazon has PSPlus and PSNow on sale for $42 for 12 months. Limited time offer. It is limited to 2 12 month subs only.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kelley said:

Amazon has PSPlus and PSNow on sale for $42 for 12 months. Limited time offer. It is limited to 2 12 month subs only.

Yeah, Sony has it for the same price through the PS Store right now as part of their Days of Play Sale. I don’t know if there’s a limit to how many you can purchase though.

Bloodborne is a genuine treasure, one of the purest gaming experiences I’ve ever had.  It tickled my sense of wonder, dread, and awe equally, while being a very traditional gamer’s game.  Anything that gets it in more hands is a win for the gaming community.

I’d certainly appreciate another opportunity to play it. I’m bad at most games, so the Souls series and Bloodborne proved too overwhelming for me, despite my fondness for the aesthetic. 

4 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Linus Tech Tips turns an apology into a really good overview of the PS5 SSD:

Wow. Amazing. Impressive. Admirable.

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Interesting that they are recommending viewing with headphones. 

because of this reason...

there’s some cool audio work in the show, and it might be harder to appreciate if it’s pumped through your phone or laptop speakers. 

Well what if I'm watching in my theater?  Is that high enough fidelity?  Or do I still need headphones?

Games are good and all, but I would like to see the system.  This thing is supposed to launch in a few months correct?  I don't need much, they don't need to dwell on it, just show the damn thing.  

10 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

because of this reason...

there’s some cool audio work in the show, and it might be harder to appreciate if it’s pumped through your phone or laptop speakers. 

Well what if I'm watching in my theater?  Is that high enough fidelity?  Or do I still need headphones?

Games are good and all, but I would like to see the system.  This thing is supposed to launch in a few months correct?  I don't need much, they don't need to dwell on it, just show the damn thing.  

5 months minimum and it won't be the last showcase. I'd prepare yourself for not seeing the PS5 this time around. It's not likely to happen.