LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JFo

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Coming Holiday 2020

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

It’s how I’d look at anyone that expected some major reveal at CES.

Most likely Feb and June again.

Although maybe this is a new "drip" strategy and they'll show us the power cord next.🤯

I thought it was funny when, during post-logo reveal silence, everyone in the audience held up their phones to take photos of the logo. The "a large group of people taking a photo of an irrelevant thing like a bunch of sheep" vibe just tickles me.

This should turn into a meme-generator thing.  Where you just replace the PS5 logo on the screen with that latest unimpressive announcement.

"Madden 2021 Announced"

"The sky is blue"

"Joey is wrong about something"

We sort of already knew this, but I hadn't seen anyone come out and say for sure. Jaffe basically confirming February:

On 1/8/2020 at 12:33 PM, foogledricks said:

I thought it was funny when, during post-logo reveal silence, everyone in the audience held up their phones to take photos of the logo. The "a large group of people taking a photo of an irrelevant thing like a bunch of sheep" vibe just tickles me.

This should turn into a meme-generator thing.  Where you just replace the PS5 logo on the screen with that latest unimpressive announcement.

"Madden 2021 Announced"

"The sky is blue"

"Joey is wrong about something"

I had no desire to watch the video until your comment.

Spot on Keith. Zero excitement, not even cringe worthy, just lol sad,...Meme moment for sure!

There it is. Right on schedule.

Looking forward to the official reveal! Curious of Microsoft revealing the Series X box itself will drive Sony to do the same. If we're observing history, the PS4 reveal did not include the actual unit design. Just the specifications, discussions and demos. Considering Sony will not be at E3 where they did reveal the design, I'm betting they go all in on the 15th with pricing at a later date (either during or after E3).

They'd even posted a few other tweets to make the account page look legit, along with the icon and banner matching up to something the official account would use 😂.

I'd clicked through to the account specifically to see if it was legit and thought it was at first. 

1 hour ago, JFo said:

Gotta look for that blue checkmark.

After this, whenever this really gets posted, I will be checking for blue check marks, the URL, spelling of the username, follower count, scroll down further to check old tweets, etc.

Just in case.

17 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

After this, whenever this really gets posted, I will be checking for blue check marks, the URL, spelling of the username, follower count, scroll down further to check old tweets, etc.

Just in case.

You know what's really sad? The guy who tweeted that — none other than Joker.

Spoiler

You won’t get it if you don’t watch/listen to the Easy Allies podcast.

• Like 1

That's surprising as you'd think he'd want to be there for whatever MS have got to show after Spencer said they were still committed to E3 (unless of course Microsoft plan to do a dedicated event and Keighley already knows that's the plan, but that'd possibly seem a little excessive given MS have effectively done their reveal already).

Scarce components have pushed the manufacturing costs for Sony Corp.’s next PlayStation to around $450 per unit, forcing a difficult price-setting decision in its battle with Microsoft Corp., according to people with knowledge of the matter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-14/sony-is-struggling-with-playstation-5-price-due-to-costly-parts

People are in a panic over the report but don't underestimate them selling the console at a loss. Just not a significant loss. The PS4 BOM was about $381 and it took them a little over a year to make money but the business has continued to transition to service even more in the last 6 years.  Sony makes more money (an absolute killing, in fact) on PS Plus than hardware sales. I'm more concerned about the scarcity of RAM making launch allocation pretty limited but I think its become pretty apparent that these consoles at $399 is looking more and more like a long shot. Microsoft's Lockhart console being the wild card.

Zhuge EX over over at Reset Era posted that XSX BOM is rumored to come in at $460 which tells me the consoles will likely be very close in power. It depends on where the prioritization in parts is. 

The article also states Sony is spending a bit more than usual on cooling which is interesting as well...