Jump to content
LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital


Recommended Posts

Never question the popularity of the Spider-Man IP on a Sony console. Miles Morales has outsold both the Last of Us Part II and Ghost Of Tsushima and it is now the third best selling Sony game US history (in dollar sales).

 

EzGOKAxUUAY1BLX?format=jpg&name=large

 

 

The PS4/PS5 split has been reported to be in the 70/30 range favoring PS5 in some regions by the way. No concrete data for US sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

My Christmas just got a little better...    

I got a pre-order in with Target.

Posted Images

I know some of you play Madden here, but that always baffles me as a top 5 game. COD at least I understand. :)

 

3 Sony exclusive games in the Top 10- Well dayummm, with that kinda money no wonder there's so much shark fighting in Sony's world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlbertA said:

I know some of you play Madden here, but that always baffles me as a top 5 game. COD at least I understand. :)

 

3 Sony exclusive games in the Top 10- Well dayummm, with that kinda money no wonder there's so much shark fighting in Sony's world.

 

The bigger takeaway for me is that 6 of the top 10 titles on that list are exclusive titles. The notion that investing in exclusive content is misguided or that exclusives are not the driving force behind hardware identity and thus growth isn't playing out on the sales charts the last few years. It should not be a surprise to see a publisher like Sony doubling down on the types of games that move their hardware and Microsoft didn't spend billions of dollars on Bethesda cause they make good soup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Would love to know where Animal Crossing places if digital sales were included. 


It's a great question for most of these games. Sony's financials have clearly shown a significant change to digital over physical. Something like a 70/30 split for digital sales. So when you look at something like Miles, Animal Crossing, TLOU2, etc. you have to imagine a bulk of the sales will be driven by digital sales above whatever NPD is reporting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Would love to know where Animal Crossing places if digital sales were included. 

I imagine it would be one. I don’t remember where but someone placed Animal Crossing at 31 million sold, second on the Switch only to Mario Kart at 35 million.


If you want to see crazy, that was from a top 10 list of Nintendo exclusives. I don’t remember specifics, but the number 10 title was either close to or over 10 million units!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

Are there better stock trackers out there for Canada other than https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/? That's saying that other than a brief availability at Walmart, nobody has had ps5s in a month. 

@PS5stockalerts. 
 

they do Canada also and seem to be pretty timely with letting people know when stock shows up

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Paul said:

I imagine it would be one. I don’t remember where but someone placed Animal Crossing at 31 million sold, second on the Switch only to Mario Kart at 35 million.


If you want to see crazy, that was from a top 10 list of Nintendo exclusives. I don’t remember specifics, but the number 10 title was either close to or over 10 million units!

 

31.18 million to be exact and it sold the most digital copies of any console game in history for a single month - 5 million.

 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1112631/animal-crossing-new-horizons-sales/#:~:text=The Nintendo title was a,sits at 31.18 million units.

 

More here:

 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/putting-31-million-animal-crossing-new-horizons-sales-in-context/

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

Are there better stock trackers out there for Canada other than https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/? That's saying that other than a brief availability at Walmart, nobody has had ps5s in a month. 

 


There hasn’t been a lot of stock, but he seems pretty good at sniffing out stores that are about to add stock. 
 

He has a discord you can get notifications from also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Trimming is usually enough for me, but Share Factory has always been great even going back to the earliest versions on PS4. It's surprisingly good for editing video right on a console. 

 

I only wish they let you add and manage those clips right from cloud and subsequently the Playstation app as opposed to having to feed it to Twitter or Youtube. I like that on the Xbox when I take a screenshot, its automatically uploaded right to the app where I can grab it. The PS5 far outpaces the Xbox in terms of screenshot/video functionality and Shareplay (both of which Microsoft should definitely improve on and match)  but ease of access is the one place I'd like to see Sony match their competitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Romier S said:

 

I only wish they let you add and manage those clips right from cloud and subsequently the Playstation app as opposed to having to feed it to Twitter or Youtube. I like that on the Xbox when I take a screenshot, its automatically uploaded right to the app where I can grab it. The PS5 far outpaces the Xbox in terms of screenshot/video functionality and Shareplay (both of which Microsoft should definitely improve on and match)  but ease of access is the one place I'd like to see Sony match their competitor.

 

Oh yeah, I'd love that. I attribute that more to the system rather than Share Factory (I think you do do, just saying).

 

The big improvement this time is that I can send videos directly in chat which is huge. I really only share videos and clips with certain people instead of posting it publicly and usually had to upload to YouTube and send a link before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Ryan on PS exclusives says  the PS5 will have the most exclusives of any PlayStation generation and they have been quietly investing as such. They are also open to more mergers and acquisitions. He also states that they have a “whole slate” of PC titles coming. More here:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the overall change in feedback for PS4 titles is about as prevalent as can be when playing Rez Infinite. Holy balls the difference is night and day. I remember installing it and playing it on the PS5 near launch and getting the very "buzz" like feedback. I played it last night and man that shit rumbles like crazy now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Romier S said:

I think the overall change in feedback for PS4 titles is about as prevalent as can be when playing Rez Infinite. Holy balls the difference is night and day. I remember installing it and playing it on the PS5 near launch and getting the very "buzz" like feedback. I played it last night and man that shit rumbles like crazy now.

 

That only reminds me of how baffled I am that Mizuguchi is not adding anything for the PS5 DualSense when Tetris Effect gets the Connected update for Playstation. You'd think he'd be all over that thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Romier S said:

I think the overall change in feedback for PS4 titles is about as prevalent as can be when playing Rez Infinite. Holy balls the difference is night and day. I remember installing it and playing it on the PS5 near launch and getting the very "buzz" like feedback. I played it last night and man that shit rumbles like crazy now.

 

You know, I actually played through the first level of Rez Infinite the other day and thought the same thing. I hadn’t really played any PS4 games prior to the update, but I did think the rumble seemed strong coming out of the Dual Sense (as it should with that game).

 

I’d love to see what they could do with the rumble in that game were it to take advantage of all the controller’s features.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...