LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

JFo

Yep cross play will continue to be a thing so long as PS5's aren't available to the masses.  Any time I have ever checked availability at various online retailers they all show out of stock.  Granted I don't check all that often.  I don't have time or the patience to click refresh and hope to get one any time they do some mystery drop somewhere.  As far as I am concerned, PS5 doesn't exist until I can walk into a BB or other store and see consoles available for purchase in store.  Or at the very least be able to pre-order online and put myself in some queue to get one when they are available..  I am happy to continue to play stuff on my PS4 pro until either of those happen.    

I can attest how hard PS5’s have been to get 😊 and I would love to see them keep the cross-gen/cross-play initiatives in place until it’s easier to get a PS5 but, realistically game budgets are already crazy so I understand if they need to start focusing on the PS5.

10 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I'm assuming lack of Alan Wake trailer today with the announcement means it's being saved for the Sony stream.

Possibly. There's been a long rumored Remedy/Sony collaboration in the works which they could also segue right into as well.

There's also been a rumor about another From Software/Sony game in the works. Not Bloodborne either, but a whole new thing.

Lots of possibilities.:) 

Just now, Romier S said:

Unless it’s secretly Silent Hill and we have been played all along.;)

I know you're joking given how that whole mess has played out, but honestly, if it's all been an attempt at a clever marketing campaign for something else then I think they've failed miserably, and I say at as one who came late to that whole story, never got caught up in it and had to catch up reading about it from the sidelines. Whatever it is just seemed to piss people off rather than keep them entertained and engaged in the way a truly effective marketing campaign should, so if it did in fact turn out to be a ruse leading to the reveal of something great, while I'd welcome that great thing, I wouldn't feel remotely forgiving of the whole affair that lead to a formal announcement.... unless it was a Jumping Flash reboot obviously. 

50 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I know you're joking given how that whole mess has played out, but honestly, if it's all been an attempt at a clever marketing campaign for something else then I think they've failed miserably, and I say at as one who came late to that whole story, never got caught up in it and had to catch up reading about it from the sidelines. Whatever it is just seemed to piss people off rather than keep them entertained and engaged in the way a truly effective marketing campaign should, so if it did in fact turn out to be a ruse leading to the reveal of something great, while I'd welcome that great thing, I wouldn't feel remotely forgiving of the whole affair that lead to a formal announcement.... unless it was a Jumping Flash reboot obviously. 

While I don’t disagree, if it does end up being Silent Hill and the original Team Silent members are involved with backing from Sony? All would be forgiven. There’s enough good there to offset the garbage marketing (which you are spot on about).

…but it’s not Silent Hill. I’ve given up on that by this point. We’re going to end up with some Bloober team Silent Hill game to add to the utterly forgettable pile as a once great franchise continues its race to complete irrelevancy.