LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Christmas just got a little better...    

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

Good news! Amazon somehow found my PS5 and delivered it this afternoon. Bad news! It doesn't fit in my current TV cabinet. I knew this was going to happen so I ordered a new one a month ago and i

Posted Images

I’m at work so unfortunately missing this, but checking comments on Reset was hilarious. The amount of salt being thrown around, people calling it worse then the Xbox game event last month...until they got to Demon Souls, etc. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a comments section go from one extreme to the other in a matter of minutes. Lol.

Cam, I owe you $20. 

I'm happy to be eating crow right now. 

I *LOVED* the look of the thing. 

Great showcase overall. 

New Ratchet and Clank

Gran Turismo 7

Demon's Soul Remake

Horizon 2

Full hardware reveal

....and a myriad of third party titles and more. I thought they knocked it out of the park. Plenty of actual game play, too.

I wonder what could be different, if anything, with the internals of the digital model in making use of the space the optical drive would otherwise occupy. It will be interesting to see if thermal performance between the two is different. 

It will also be interesting to see how they price the two models as a UHD optical drive really isn’t an expensive component. 

I count six, maybe seven, games from that presentation that I want right now.

Spider-Man

Horizon 2

Ratchet & Clank

Kena

RE8

Sackboy

...and probably a few more I can’t remember off the top of my head. 

I need some time before I can say whether or not I like the look of the console itself. It’s definitely a bold design, that’s for sure. I did not expect them to announce it disk-less version of it. That should be great for people like me who buy a digital and don’t need the optical drive at all.

Just now, JFo said:

I count six, maybe seven, games from that presentation that I want right now.

Spider-Man

Horizon 2

Ratchet & Clank

Kena

RE8

Sackboy

...and probably a few more I can’t remember off the top of my head. 

I need some time before I can say whether or not I like the look of the console itself. It’s definitely a bold design, that’s for sure. I did not expect them to announce it disk-less version of it. That should be great for people like me who buy a digital and don’t need the optical drive at all.

The main thing holding me back is just the great deals you can get ATM on discs - those prices are never quite reflected on the digital stores.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:06 AM, Angry the Clown said:

I’m thinking similarly. I’m still of the feeling that if they do a hardware reveal at all then it will be via way of a tease at the very end, either showing the thing in silhouette or via macro shots of it from obscure angles, accompanied by obligatory whoosh sound effects and a bass heavy musical beat, before showing another date for a full reveal and the hardware takedown Cerny hinted at.

happy days stories GIF

• JFo changed the title to The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital