LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the email confirmation from Amazon at least.   Physical. Digital Foundry had better not reveal it to be noisier than the digital model!   Interestingly they did not even upload the digit

If the total cost for both the PS5 and Series X is under $1,000 (excluding tax), I will likely buy both this year because, fuck it, I’m a grown up with a job, and I want them.

I got a pre-order in with Target.

Posted Images

Anything missing from this game list?

• GTA V
  • Miles Morales
  • GT7
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Project Athia
  • Stray
  • Returnal
  • Sackboy: A big adventure
  • Destruction AllStar
  • Kena
  • Goodbye Volcano High
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo
  • Jett: The far shore
  • Godfall
  • Solar Ash
  • Hitman 3
  • Astro's playroom
  • Little Devil Inside
  • NBA 2K21
  • Bugsnax
  • Demons Souls Remake
  • Deathloop
  • Resident Evil VIII
  • Pragmata
  • Horizon II: Forbidden West

So much to digest. I'll be going back over these in the next few days. The stream was pretty compressed so hopefully some are 4k like they'd said. 

Edit: All the trailers: https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation/videos

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

The console is not only vertical. There is a horizontal base:

TFaCIRM.png?1

First time I saw it vertical, I thought it looked pretty nice. My reaction to this horizontal,... not so much a fan. This however is super subjective I suspect. I would guess that this will be polarizing, some love, some meh. 

The one that lines up the disc port on XSX and PS5 is interesting, it implies that the PS5 is rather larger...and just eyeballing the size of that port on the PS4, it looks significantly larger than that too.

40 minutes ago, JTello said:

First time I saw it vertical, I thought it looked pretty nice. My reaction to this horizontal,... not so much a fan. This however is super subjective I suspect. I would guess that this will be polarizing, some love, some meh. 

agreed. Looks much better vertical, but I don’t have room for it to stay that way, so it will  stay horizontal for me. 

• Cheers 1

I mentioned in the Reternal thread that the trailer opens with a PlayStation studios logo. With the dev being Housemarque, I was wondering if they were now first party (it had been rumored).

Elsewhere it was pointed out to me that Demon Souls, Destruction All-Stars , and Sackboy all open the same way. Bluepoint was another rumored acquisition at one point. Not sure about Lucid and Sumo.

I don't think so. I think they function much like Insomniac prior to the purchase. Second party at the moment and some of those projects are likely being funded by Sony (and they likely own the IP's).

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, rustyjaw said:

The one that lines up the disc port on XSX and PS5 is interesting, it implies that the PS5 is rather larger...and just eyeballing the size of that port on the PS4, it looks significantly larger than that too.

Just for comparison, the Series X is roughly the same height as the Xbox One X. That should give you an idea of how much taller the PS5 is.

22 minutes ago, NickC said:

How many games had release dates?

I can remember:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Holiday 2020

Hitman 3 - January 2021

Ghostwire Tokyo - 2021

GodFall - Holiday 2020

Kena - Holiday 2020

Astro's Playworld - Launch

Pragmata - 2022

Solar Ash - 2021

Resident Evil Village - 2021

Those are the other general dates I've found thus far.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Romier S said:

Cam, I owe you $20. 

Now that it's over, I can now reveal I laughed at your Schwarzenegger meme, but didn't react to it as to not show weakness in the face of the enemy.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Bravo 1

Spider-Man Miles Morales is a launch title.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-playstation-ceo-says-ps5-design-is-bold-daring-and-future-facing/

There's an interview with Ryan at the link.

Sony's also bringing out new sequels to fan favorite games, such as its hit action adventure Marvel's Spider-Man from 2018, and futuristic role playing game Horizon: Zero Dawn from 2017. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Horizon Forbidden West will pick up where their predecessors left off while also bringing in new characters. Though the new Horizon game doesn't have a launch date, Spider-Man will be released alongside the PS5.

• JFo changed the title to The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital