LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the total cost for both the PS5 and Series X is under $1,000 (excluding tax), I will likely buy both this year because, fuck it, I’m a grown up with a job, and I want them.

I got a pre-order in with Target.

Got the email confirmation from Amazon at least.   Physical. Digital Foundry had better not reveal it to be noisier than the digital model!   Interestingly they did not even upload the digit

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

I hope so too. This is just the US so far though right?  I’d bet a lot of Brits were down for the night when the shit started hitting the fan tonight. 

A bunch French and German preorders went up including Amazon DE but I didn’t see anything on Amazon UK, no.

Just now, Josh said:

Well this was fun. Thanks for the quick links guys! Now let’s hope Amazon get stock — I would imagine it’s at the top of Sony’s list.

There was a pic from the PS4 launch of an Amazon warehouse that had pallet after pallet of PS4s. I'm sure they'll be fine.

• Like 1

Amazon will be fine. They’ll put up more preorders from now until November, too.

I talked to a retail buddy of mine that owns a game store (franchisee for a medium sized chain), and they are completely cut out of stock. They can’t even order it. Big chains only atm. Hence the “select” retailers which isn’t a fun marketing phrase.

• Stunned 1
2 minutes ago, kelley said:

There was a pic from the PS4 launch of an Amazon warehouse that had pallet after pallet of PS4s. I'm sure they'll be fine.

unless some pirates loot those pallets somewhere on the pacific!

cat costume GIF

Just now, Romier S said:

Amazon will be fine. They’ll put up more preorders from now until November, too.

I talked to a retail buddy of mine that owns a game store (franchisee for a medium sized chain), and they are completely cut out of stock. They can’t even order it. Big chains only atm.

this saddens me tremendously.

I think for all of the hub bub, Best Buy personified the disastrous nature of the preorder period. Walmart sold out quickly but was mostly smooth. Target was the same though they left their button live too long which caused confusion. Amazon was like sweet heaven. Best Buy...

F2DD6727-A142-4A51-8CC5-55E044EF5611.gif

1 minute ago, kelley said:

I've heard that Best Buy has some pretty archaic inventory/sales backend. Just proving that fact out tonight.

Honestly, I kind of want to confirm a preorder at Best Buy now, not because I desperately want to give them my business, but for the challenge of it, like climbing a mountain.

• Haha 2

I've cold feet about the digital model now if they've been manufactured in short supply. I do think the disc models will retain better re-sale value though, but gah... it's an extra £90 I'd really like to hold onto. 

Just gone 6am here so I'm waiting to see how messy UK orderes get. 

Amazon have emailed to say orders go up at 9am here so I have just under three hours to decide which page to land myself on. 😬

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk on Thursday 17 September after 9:00 am BST.

Controllers and other accessories will also become available for pre-order throughout the day. Stock is extremely limited and we expect demand to be high. 

If you have trouble placing an order while the stock is available, or if we have sold out, we encourage you to keep checking back during the pre-order period as we may release additional stock. 

We will make every effort to deliver all pre-orders as soon as possible once the PS5 is released. If you pre-order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date, however this may be subject to change.

• Like 2