LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

This is pretty technical, but it offers a good explanation as to why emulating the PS3 is incredibly difficult, even for a system as powerful as a PS5. At least I think it’s good. I didn’t understand half of what the guy was saying. 🥴

I really do hope Sony invests the money and puts the work in to bring some of these games forward into the next gen — not to mention PSX and PS2 games. They have an amazing back catalog of first party games, rivaled only by Nintendo’s.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the total cost for both the PS5 and Series X is under $1,000 (excluding tax), I will likely buy both this year because, fuck it, I’m a grown up with a job, and I want them.

Good news! Amazon somehow found my PS5 and delivered it this afternoon. Bad news! It doesn't fit in my current TV cabinet. I knew this was going to happen so I ordered a new one a month ago and i

I got a pre-order in with Target.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JFo said:

This is pretty technical, but it offers a good explanation as to why emulating the PS3 is incredibly difficult, even for a system as powerful as a PS5. At least I think it’s good. I didn’t understand half of what the guy was saying. 🥴

I really do hope Sony invests the money and puts the work in to bring some of these games forward into the next gen — not to mention PSX and PS2 games. They have an amazing back catalog of first party games, rivaled only by Nintendo’s.

I'd really hoped the new CPU in the PS5 would give them the ability to emulate PS3, but seems like the only real opportunity to do is if they can work some wizardary with the SPUs in the Tempest 3D audio hardware. 

I’m feeling like I’m hopefully ok with my Walmart order. I have a feeling that it won’t be here on launch day though. It has said that estimated delivery is Nov 19 from the time I ordered, and the last time I preordered a game from them, it took almost a week to arrive which was annoying. 

I can wait a week if needed. 

Sony and Burger King teasing something for the 15th. 

That sound is the start-up sound for the PS5. It’ll likely be a giveaway promotion of some type but perhaps a UI/UX reveal to go along with it?

Either that or Sony locked up the much anticipated Sneak King 2 as a console exclusive.

Burger King free theme with Whopper purchase. 

also what is up with bad fast food restaurants doing console promos, why can’t Cracker Barrel do one, chance to win a PS5 with every order of Mac & Cheese or Mama’s Pancake Breakfast. 

Also I’m very much aware there are going to be Cracker Barrel haters here, don’t care. 

Not sure if this was posted yet, but The PlayStation Store looks to be getting an update on the 19th.

• PS3 games
  • PSP games
  • Vita games
  • Apps 
  • Themes

...all being removed from the web and mobile stores to be purchased only on those systems' stores directly. 

This is a welcome change but long overdue, and the store will be cleaner and much better off without them. I'd be glad if themes and avatars are gone for good. 99% are basically trash.

9 hours ago, kelley said:

Burger King free theme with Whopper purchase. 

also what is up with bad fast food restaurants doing console promos, why can’t Cracker Barrel do one, chance to win a PS5 with every order of Mac & Cheese or Mama’s Pancake Breakfast. 

Also I’m very much aware there are going to be Cracker Barrel haters here, don’t care. 

Who doesn’t love Cracker Barrel?

Or as my white friends and I call it here in PA - Honky Bucket.

13 hours ago, Josh said:

how are other amazon preorderers feeling? Think we’ll get em launch window?

I'm pretty confident. Curiously I ordered Miles Morales from Amazon today as there was a Prime Day offer of £10 free if you top up your gift card wallet with £100 or more, but I noticed the shipping date for the game is the 12th, despite the UK date for the console being the 19th. I guess they're happy to release the PS5 version on the day the PS4 version hits shelves here.

4 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Did the wishlist ever do anything but be a list?  I would have assumed that it worked like the steam list and let you know if something you wanted was on sale, but I don’t think that has ever happened for anything on mine. 

It does show you the current price, but you have to be looking at your list. I've gotten many deals this way as it's easier to just look at your wishlist to see if any are in a current sale.

I do hope they bring back the wishlist with price drop alerts. MS got that sorted, at least . With the new storefront, I can even find it now, lol. It was a bit crap previously. But I do use it a lot, and always wished Sony would integrate it with the console store, too.

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

It does show you the current price, but you have to be looking at your list. I've gotten many deals this way as it's easier to just look at your wishlist to see if any are in a current sale.

Fair enough, but it’s 2020, I want easy if you want me to buy your stuff. Don’t make it harder than it need be. Steam app is kinda basic, but efficient and tells me the second something on my list goes on sale. 

39 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Fair enough, but it’s 2020, I want easy if you want me to buy your stuff. Don’t make it harder than it need be. Steam app is kinda basic, but efficient and tells me the second something on my list goes on sale. 

Oh for sure. Didn't mean for that to come across like a defense, but that's how I've been using it. 

I’m annoyed about the Wishlist being removed. I used it quite a lot. No, it wouldn’t notify you of price drops, but it was easy to scroll through and see what was on sale. 

I use psprices too, but it was easy to add games to my list while browsing the PS store.