LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Christmas just got a little better...    

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

Good news! Amazon somehow found my PS5 and delivered it this afternoon. Bad news! It doesn't fit in my current TV cabinet. I knew this was going to happen so I ordered a new one a month ago and i

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jubjub75 said:

Nice work, Keith! I managed to get one in my cart, but then kept getting errors at Checkout until I got a “This item is no longer available.” message. Doh!

I just got a confirmation email. So that's one more step. Maybe we should have a support group for all the people who want a next-gen console and don't have one yet. Meetings on Tuesday's or something.

3 hours ago, Dan B. said:

I keep wanting to adjust the position of the PS5 on the shelf, because it always looks like it's sitting crooked. :lawl

It does make the tiniest bit of noise if you put your ear near it. I only mention it because the Series X is inaudible to me even up close. It's way quieter than PS4 though. 

They’re about the same to me up close. The Series X is a bit quieter spinning a disc, but that’s about it. The Series X generates a ton more heat out of the top/side though. The PS5 has been on all day for me and even on the back vents, it’s mildly warm at best. 

8 hours ago, kelley said:

Well Amazon screwed up my order. They are saying if it doesn’t arrive by Saturday they’ll cancel the order and I will have the option to reorder. The package has been sitting all day in another city. 

This sucks, but maybe you’ll get lucky and they’ll refund your money on Saturday, and then it shows up anyway. That has happened to us a few times and they’ve always told us that if the package shows up to just keep it. 

Never had that happen on a higher end item like this though. 

2 hours ago, PHiL said:

There was nothing stopping the system from bouncing around. 

Almost every amazon box I've seen was packed the same, outer box too big with barely any packing material inside. One friend's was open when deliverd and another's was obviously taped back shut. My outer sleeve on the box had some minor damage, but nothing close to yours. 

16 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Almost every amazon box I've seen was packed the same, outer box too big with barely any packing material inside. One friend's was open when deliverd and another's was obviously taped back shut. My outer sleeve on the box had some minor damage, but nothing close to yours. 

Both next gen consoles were packed the same way for me. The box was too big and literally two sheets of brown paper barely crumpled up. Thank goodness they are packed well enough inside their own packaging. That water damage shit is a call into Amazon CS to get some money back @PHiL. That’s just unacceptable.

8 hours ago, kelley said:

I just talked to Amazon Support, yep my PS5 is lost and yep all they can do is give me my money back, they cannot order me another one on their end. Basically I am....ummm what's the word, oh yeah, Fucked unless it magically shows up tomorrow or Saturday.

"Lost" Mmmm...

"Sorry we misplaced your GIGANTIC item". 

If it really fails to show up for the weekend then you should push for a little more than a refund for that level of incompetence.

The more of these horror stories I see, the more I’m settling into a position of randlomly grabbing one next year when I see stock in a John Lewis. 

Now, watch as I preorder the new Blood Bowl direct from Games Workshop this weekend because I’m a massive hypocrite (but also, they’re used to shipping super delicate packages to obsessive nerds.)

Anyone have an order with the Playstation Store? I'm seeing some weird tracking issues.

Received a text message last night with tracking and signature alert, delivery tomorrow.

Received an email this morning "The following items in your order will ship later than expected: PlayStation®5 Console"

Tracking shows on truck for delivery, Playstation store shows "Preparing To Ship"

🤷‍♂️

My box from Amazon held together, but it definitely wasn’t pretty. The tape around the top was starting to fall off, and like many of you, the only real dunnage in the box was a couple sheets of brown paper that surrounded the PS5 box itself. 

The package I received from Best Buy for the Series X was much better packed. They even included honest-to-god bubble wrap for inside the box. Imagine that! It looked like professionals shipped my Series X, while the PS5 was packed by a bunch of amateurs in a hurry.

9 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Can someone summarize a list of tips for new PS5 owners. I imagine you might cover subjects like:

Things to do before you turn it on

Plug it in to your TV.

Copying games saves from PS4

Get an external hard drive and copy your games to it.

No brainer PS4 games to try on it

Ghost of Tsushima (60fps!)

No brainer PS5 games to try on it

Anything Sony first-party.

Settings you should change

Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Game Presets > First-Person View > Veritcal camera movement > Inverted

(Repeat for Third-Person View)

10 minutes ago, JFo said:

Plug it in to your TV.

Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Game Presets > First-Person View > Veritcal camera movement > Inverted

I was waiting for something like "put a rubber glove on your head and run naked around the house yelling: 'Hi, I'm a squid!'" Only THEN, do you have my permission to plug it in.

51 minutes ago, JFo said:

Plug it in to your TV.

AAACCCCKSHULLY....

I took a slightly different approach, perhaps out of OSX update paranoia, and perhaps out of concern over reports that some PS5s are bricking after data transfers:

Get your game saves from the cloud after setup.

Get your PS4 games via download (rather than transfer) assuming you have digital licenses to do so (or install with disk).

In my opinion this builds a cleaner HDD database.

Also, Bugsnax. Get Bugsnax.