LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good news! Amazon somehow found my PS5 and delivered it this afternoon. Bad news! It doesn't fit in my current TV cabinet. I knew this was going to happen so I ordered a new one a month ago and i

Got the email confirmation from Amazon at least.   Physical. Digital Foundry had better not reveal it to be noisier than the digital model!   Interestingly they did not even upload the digit

If the total cost for both the PS5 and Series X is under $1,000 (excluding tax), I will likely buy both this year because, fuck it, I’m a grown up with a job, and I want them.

Posted Images

So my PS5 was definitely downloading PS4 games that were on the external HDD already and went through 400+ GB of data. Why? I’m not sure. It may have had something to do with it having to repair the drive when I first started it up. 

I also discovered one other thing with playing PS4 games on PS5. I had a couple of games that I bought as PS3 games and did the digital upgrade. These games can’t be played as the PS5 won’t “play” PS3 discs. It’s no huge loss as they are games I could get on PS4 discs (or digital) for cheap if I really wanted. Just thought it would be interesting to try. 

2 hours ago, Romier S said:

PlayStation first party Black Friday sale..

The Last of Us Part 2 is 29.99 amd a bunch of other games are $10.

Just a heads up...if you have a Dollar General near you,, save $6 dollars when you buy 2 $25 PSN cards. It won’t stack though, so if you want to get more then 2, do it as a separate transaction. Not a huge savings but every little bit helps.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Do Sony still manufacture Move controllers? They seem very hand to find. I'm interested in getting Dreams on sale but would really like the move controller as well. 

Yes, since they are used for VR, they’re still making and selling them. I’ve heard lots of stories of them being hard to find (not just recently) especially in the UK, in the PSVR Subreddit. 

Honestly though, I think the DS4 is a better controller for Dreams. 

5 hours ago, Graeme said:

Yes, since they are used for VR, they’re still making and selling them. I’ve heard lots of stories of them being hard to find (not just recently) especially in the UK, in the PSVR Subreddit. 

Honestly though, I think the DS4 is a better controller for Dreams. 

Really? I'm more interested in playing with Dreams as an animation tool, and many seem to favour the Move sticks for sculpting. I will probably grab it on sale nevertheless, as it's the cheapest it has ever been (£17.49 here) right now, so I'd hopefully be able to find the controllers sometime in the new year if I feel that I do need them. 

I realised I'm having the Dualsense charging problem, but it extends beyond the console's USB port. It doesn't seem to charge over anything. I've plugged it into a phone charger, and the Switch dock, and the charge icon in the UI menu just cycles and cycles and cycles. The charge never goes above one bar and it isn't long before the PS5 tells me the controller battery is low. 

14 minutes ago, Magness said:

Is the USB-C to A cable that comes with the PS5 polarized? I have a USB-C to A cable for my keyboard and it won’t charge unless plugged in with the correct direction. I hate it but, it was a pack in cable so it’s cheap. Wonder if Sony did the same?

Seems to work both ways as it should. I just tried the packaged cable plugged into a wall charger and, now that I am not playing anything and the PS5 is switched off, it does show the orange light suggesting a charge, but I'm going to run it for a couple more hours before turning the console on again and seeing whether the controller is actually charged or not. No matter what I had it hooked up with to charge while the console was on and I was playing, the pad just wasn't charging. I wonder if the Dualsense has a firmware bug.