LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

1 hour ago, kelley said:

People were reporting it sold out in a minute.

I don't know how quickly it sold out, but they didn't tell the queue until a little after the 1 1/2 hour mark. This was after the estimated time bounced from 11 minutes to over an hour to slowly back down to 4 minutes, to back over an hour. My sister was ahead of me in line and didn't get one either. We're both trying to get one for my nephews (her sons). I grabbed a Series X and that will hold me over until the new Horizon comes out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Christmas just got a little better...    

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

I got a pre-order in with Target.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, kelley said:

Walmart was gone in seconds. It’s safe to say Walmart has been taken over by the bots. 

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but apparently bot groups are huge in the sneaker industry, and they essentially repurposed their tools for buying consoles.

Also the sentiment seems to be there's nothing that can be done to stop them which is disheartening. Not sure if retailers just don't care or if it's really that impossible.

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but apparently bot groups are huge in the sneaker industry, and they essentially repurposed their tools for buying consoles.

Also the sentiment seems to be there's nothing that can be done to stop them which is disheartening. Not sure if retailers just don't care or if it's really that impossible.

And they are using the same websites to sell the consoles as they use for sneakers, in particular StockX. 

This whole system sucks. They weren’t prepared to sell online only even though they knew months in advance this was the most likely scenario. I don’t understand why they don’t adopt Apple’s way. Take preorders from everyone that legitimately wants one, and then fill them as you can. I know they can’t mass produce them like an iPhone, but I would ok waiting a month or two as long as I knew for sure I was getting one. The way things are now is terrible for consumers, and personally I think it makes Sony, Microsoft, and these retailers just look bad. It shouldn’t be this hard to spend $500.

10 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

How much work would it actually take for them to just let all copies of something like that and Last Guardian run at 60 with a patch?

I don’t know the exact lift but I’m guessing it’s fairly minimal to implement an option to cap/uncap the framerate. I’d say God of War is the likelier of the two to receive one. It’s not terribly difficult to fix Bloodborne’s stupid frame pacing issues for example but well, here we are 5 years later....

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

I don’t know the exact lift but I’m guessing it’s fairly minimal to implement an option to cap/uncap the framerate. I’d say God of War is the likelier of the two to receive one. It’s not terribly difficult to fix Bloodborne’s stupid frame pacing issues for example but well, here we are 5 years later....

Depends heavily on the engine + how their physics system is implemented especially. Usually they're not lock stepped to frame rate, but some silly games don't handle higher framerates properly. Usually the game should happily run at 60fps with a define changed... 

7 hours ago, Romier S said:

Same thing here (I copied romier). Works perfectly, and load times on PS4 titles I’ve tried are great (ffxv, persona 5, ghost of Tsushima, etc).

I find my system generally buzzes a lot when it’s loading, but I assume that’s just a thing I have to live with. It’s not loud, per se, but I was expecting ultra-quiet so it was a bit jarring.

It only worries me when it causes a skip in the game.

I have yet to try the drive, but it sounds like it would only add to my anxiety :P

Some more backward compatibility evaluations:

I still want to get Ace Combat. It's in the current sale, but only the standard edition. I've read that some of the season pass missions are worth having so the deluxe edition seems to be the better one to buy (it's been £20.99 in previous sales). Shame its resolution was always capped at 1080 though, but good to see it locked to 60 now which brings it up to performance parity with the XB1X version, and you get the benefit of the VR stuff on the Playstation.