LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

2 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Picked up a second DualSense thanks to the my right stick on my launch unit drifting like hell now. It started last night and has gotten worse.

I had the same issue with the DS4 but it was easy enough to open it up and fix it. With this, it looks like I have to desolder some wires to get at the thumb sticks and my soldering iron is at the office.

Likely going to call Sony about RMA’ing it.

I remember watching a teardown where he was disappointed the internals for the sticks were the same or similar to the DS4, and he was mainly concerned with drift. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

My Christmas just got a little better...    

I got a pre-order in with Target.

Posted Images

Yeah, it’s generally caused by debris getting into the thumb stick mechanism under the stick itself. You remove the little plastic covers on each side and clean it out with rubbing alcohol. Put it back together and the drifting is fixed. I did that with my blue DS4 a year ago and never had an issue again. It’s just ashame they made it so difficult to get at with this new controller.

Still, less than a month after launch, it’s not at all acceptable to have the controller drifting and I keep my stuff pretty damned clean. I shouldn’t have to DIY fix their hardware. I’ll be letting Sony support know my thoughts for sure tomorrow.

A new system update just hit along with a DualSense update.

The update is close to 900mb.

Notes:

Version 20.02-02.30.00

• This system software update improves system performance.
  • Resolved an issue where data transfers and downloads were cancelled when trying to download content while a data transfer from a PS4 is in progress.
  • Some issues that were causing errors during text input in some PS4 games have been resolved.
  • The connection stability has been improved for some Wi-Fi routers.

Does it spur you to do the DualSense update? Does it require the USB connection?

Had a nasty crash during Miles Morales last night. PS5 just spontaneously shut down and would not operate correctly on reboot. Had to unplug my external drive. Finished the game and plugged the drive back in  and rebooted and everything seemed to be fine. 🤞

17 minutes ago, jubjub75 said:

Holy stuff! I just snagged one from PlayStation Direct. This had to be at least the tenth time I’ve waited in the queue, previously unsuccessfully. It’s going to my nephew for Christmas, and I told me sister I expect a “Best Uncle Ever” mug 😂

Whats the best way to get PS+? I’m going to get him a year to go with it.

Congrats! I'm still trying to find one for my son. So far my wife and I both have been getting the your wait is over an hour every time. How did you get lucky this time?

2 hours ago, kelley said:

Congrats! I'm still trying to find one for my son. So far my wife and I both have been getting the your wait is over an hour every time. How did you get lucky this time?

I honestly don't know. I had been refreshing every half hour or so in the hopes that the queue would start, but then I was distracted with work stuff when it went live  at 3:00 EST. I refreshed at 3:02 when the Twitter notification from @PS5StockAlerts went off. About 45 minutes later, I got in and they weren't sold out yet. I was shaking a little typing in my info. Still doesn't feel real. I read that some people were having trouble with Captcha (I did not), so that may have worked in my favor. My sister got in the queue shortly after I did and got booted all the way out, so I'm guessing I was just lucky. Definitely follow that Twitter handle if you're not already, but I'm sure there are tons of others following it, too. They aren't official, but seem to get word pretty early. There also may be fewer people trying, as PS Direct are limiting it to one per account. Good luck, as I know you've been looking as much as I have!

39 minutes ago, jubjub75 said:

I honestly don't know. I had been refreshing every half hour or so in the hopes that the queue would start, but then I was distracted with work stuff when it went live  at 3:00 EST. I refreshed at 3:02 when the Twitter notification from @PS5StockAlerts went off. About 45 minutes later, I got in and they weren't sold out yet. I was shaking a little typing in my info. Still doesn't feel real. I read that some people were having trouble with Captcha (I did not), so that may have worked in my favor. My sister got in the queue shortly after I did and got booted all the way out, so I'm guessing I was just lucky. Definitely follow that Twitter handle if you're not already, but I'm sure there are tons of others following it, too. They aren't official, but seem to get word pretty early. There also may be fewer people trying, as PS Direct are limiting it to one per account. Good luck, as I know you've been looking as much as I have!

We will just keep trying. I'm using one of the sneaker bot twitter users, they seem to get the links up faster, it's disgusting to see people post in there that they scored 5 units and I can't even get my hands on one. Today Amazon had Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S units, they both were gone within seconds by the bots.

I’ve not been able to get Demon’s Souls to boot past the initial wallpaper screen tonight. I tried restarting the system but it still won’t work. Other games boot fine. 

It was the last game I played before the system update, but I’d also closed it completely and didn’t leave is suspended. 

I deleted it and trying a reinstall now. 

Edit: Reinstall fixed it.