Jump to content
LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

My Christmas just got a little better...    

Got the email confirmation from Amazon at least.   Physical. Digital Foundry had better not reveal it to be noisier than the digital model!   Interestingly they did not even upload the digit

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Paul said:

The PlayStation store is awful. I don’t mind changing things, but why does it have to be so hard to find the deals page. 

 

We're all about to get a YouTube "Karen" video of Paul yelling at the Playstation store on his TV and throwing shit. I knew you'd go viral eventually man. I just thought it would be for an STD though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 7:51 AM, foogledricks said:

 

We're all about to get a YouTube "Karen" video of Paul yelling at the Playstation store on his TV and throwing shit. I knew you'd go viral eventually man. I just thought it would be for an STD though.


i can stop yelling at the tv. They added a deals section to the PS5 store! 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say, backward compatibility has been such a blessing with the PS5. I'm currently ten hours into Persona 5, a game that's supposed to have some 80-90hrs of gameplay even for the average player like myself. I've got Control UE waiting for me, I've got a Claire play through in Resident Evil 2 to do at some stage, I've Monster Hunter World, Man-eater and others of interest to try in my PS+ backlog...

 

It's genuinely hard to predict when my next actual PS5 game purchase will be (quite likely it's not going to be until the release of Village at this rate), and I've still yet to purchase/play the likes of Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima...etc. For a cheapskate having to wait until most PS5 games get a lot cheaper, I can't say I feel short changed by the value I'm nevertheless getting out of the system at all. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I must say, backward compatibility has been such a blessing with the PS5. I'm currently ten hours into Persona 5, a game that's supposed to have some 80-90hrs of gameplay even for the average player like myself. I've got Control UE waiting for me, I've got a Claire play through in Resident Evil 2 to do at some stage, I've Monster Hunter World, Man-eater and others of interest to try in my PS+ backlog...

 

Yeah, between the PS Plus Collection and the monthly offerings from PS Plus the last couple months, you have an absurd abundance of good games to play right now. It makes me feel kind of bad that I've been playing mostly on my Series X and Switch lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I must say, backward compatibility has been such a blessing with the PS5. I'm currently ten hours into Persona 5, a game that's supposed to have some 80-90hrs of gameplay even for the average player like myself. I've got Control UE waiting for me, I've got a Claire play through in Resident Evil 2 to do at some stage, I've Monster Hunter World, Man-eater and others of interest to try in my PS+ backlog...

 

Even though I did play Spider-man first, the vast majority of my time with my PS5, and with gaming over the last few months, has been playing a PS4 game on my PS5. My PS5 feels more like a PC upgrade purchase than a new system. Which I actually consider a positive thing. In years past I would just blindly play the new and mostly mediocre launch games of a system. But now, I'm just playing whatever the best games are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFo said:

 

Yeah, between the PS Plus Collection and the monthly offerings from PS Plus the last couple months, you have an absurd abundance of good games to play right now. It makes me feel kind of bad that I've been playing mostly on my Series X and Switch lately.

 

Man, my Switch is dusty AF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFo said:

 

Yeah, between the PS Plus Collection and the monthly offerings from PS Plus the last couple months, you have an absurd abundance of good games to play right now. It makes me feel kind of bad that I've been playing mostly on my Series X and Switch lately.

 

I'm still trying to decide when to get the Series X. I'm building up a lot of reward points that will help me take a big chunk off the price, but in practical terms it's probably best I hold off until late summer and clear through more PlayStation titles I've missed out on before I dare feast on Game Pass again.

 

 

38 minutes ago, Josh said:

 

Man, my Switch is dusty AF

 

I still check in on my Animal Crossing islanders, but I'd like to start Mario Galaxy just for some genre respite between sessions playing Persona 5. I still have a spare game coupon waiting to be spent in the eShop too, but I'm holding off on future announcements before redeeming it for now. 

 

I've still got around £45 sitting in my PSN wallet as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Angry the Clown said:

I still check in on my Animal Crossing islanders, but I'd like to start Mario Galaxy just for some genre respite between sessions playing Persona 5. I still have a spare game coupon waiting to be spent in the eShop too, but I'm holding off on future announcements before redeeming it for now.

 

I've still got around £45 sitting in my PSN wallet as well. 

 

I'm about 75% of the way through Luigi's Mansion, which I'm sort of optimistically saving for the next time I get to travel. I still pay for Nintendo Online for those 2 moments a year when I want to play Donkey Kong. Incredibly stupid, I know, as i have about 5 versions of the ROM across three computers.

 

Save that £45 for Ratchet which I pray comes out this spring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Josh said:

 

I'm about 75% of the way through Luigi's Mansion, which I'm sort of optimistically saving for the next time I get to travel. I still pay for Nintendo Online for those 2 moments a year when I want to play Donkey Kong. Incredibly stupid, I know, as i have about 5 versions of the ROM across three computers.

 

Luigi's Mansion is a treat. I love the Switch, but I was thinking that it's probably going to take a lot for me to justify a Pro model of the console should one appear at any point this year. I've not really had any complaints about game performance and presentation (at least for first party titles) on the current hardware, particularly with titles like Luigi's Mansion which really does wonderful things with such limited cpu/gpu power. 

 

 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Save that £45 for Ratchet which I pray comes out this spring.

 

Yeah, I may do, although with PS5 games I've been finding it best to buy physical, play and then resell allowing me to leave the contents of my PSN wallet for sale purchases. My PSPrices Wishlist isn't short of titles I'm keeping an eye on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Yeah, I may do, although with PS5 games I've been finding it best to buy physical, play and then resell allowing me to leave the contents of my PSN wallet for sale purchases. My PSPrices Wishlist isn't short of titles I'm keeping an eye on.

 

Ah, true. Despite saying I was going to go all digital this gen, I've already got 2 physical PS5 (plus one relatively new PS4) games in rotation. The deals are just too good to pass up.

 

4 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Luigi's Mansion is a treat. I love the Switch, but I was thinking that it's probably going to take a lot for me to justify a Pro model of the console should one appear at any point this year. I've not really had any complaints about game performance and presentation (at least for first party titles) on the current hardware, particularly with titles like Luigi's Mansion which really does wonderful things with such limited cpu/gpu power. 

 

Yes, this. I almost prefer Nintendo titles in low-fi. Breath of the Wild forced the designer to be super creative and it worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Josh said:

 

Ah, true. Despite saying I was going to go all digital this gen, I've already got 2 physical PS5 (plus one relatively new PS4) games in rotation. The deals are just too good to pass up.

 

 

It definitely pays off at the moment. After re-sale Miles Morales really only left me £15 out of pocket. I need to put Sackboy up for sale this weekend come to think of it as I got enough entertainment out of that one. I'll likely end up putting whatever I get for that aside so it can go towards Village in a few months (eager as I am for a new Ratchet, it will be hard to resist a new Resident Evil around the same time).

 

 

Just now, Josh said:

Yes, this. I almost prefer Nintendo titles in low-fi. Breath of the Wild forced the designer to be super creative and it worked.

 

I absolutely agree. There's certainly a "little engine that could" factor that leaves me very affectionate toward the Switch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Josh said:

Man, my Switch is dusty AF

 

Mine probably would be too were it not for Tetris 99. I played the shit out of that game last year -- well over 100 hours in total. It not only justifies me having a Switch, but it justifies continued investment in Nintendo Online as it is, oddly enough, the only online game I play with any regularity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JFo said:

 

Mine probably would be too were it not for Tetris 99. I played the shit out of that game last year -- well over 100 hours in total. It not only justifies me having a Switch, but it justifies continued investment in Nintendo Online as it is, oddly enough, the only online game I play with any regularity.

 

Bless you. That games stresses me out to no end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...