LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

My Christmas just got a little better...    

Got the email confirmation from Amazon at least.   Physical. Digital Foundry had better not reveal it to be noisier than the digital model!   Interestingly they did not even upload the digit

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, JFo said:

Are all those copies of Miles Morales for PS5 though? Don't forget it was also available on PS4.

This is true. The sales figure includes both so no breakdown available. I’m still betting the attach rate is pretty high given the popularity of the IP.

For posterity, Spider-Man sold 3.3 million in three days. Miles was never going to hit that as a smaller budgeted release ala Lost Legacy. On that front, Miles outsold Lost Legacy handily.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:54 AM, Josh said:

Bless you. That games stresses me out to no end.

It’s funny you say this because sometimes when I play it on the TV, the game stresses out my family too — and they’re just watching me play!

After 1,500+ matches, the only time I get worked up now is if I’m one of the last two remaining players and there’s a good chance I might win.

I have a weird problem.  Occasionally when turninng the PS5 back on from Rest mode, it sits and cycles and doesn't come back up until I unplug and replug the HDMI cable.  If I turn the PS5 off, it comes back perfect every time, but you can't do anything like save states or anything on games.

Any ideas?

26 minutes ago, Whooter said:

I have a weird problem.  Occasionally when turninng the PS5 back on from Rest mode, it sits and cycles and doesn't come back up until I unplug and replug the HDMI cable.  If I turn the PS5 off, it comes back perfect every time, but you can't do anything like save states or anything on games.

Any ideas?

Do you have an expansion drive installed?

16 minutes ago, Whooter said:

I do have an external drive, but I was thinking it was doing that before I hooked it up.  Is there a known issue?

Some have reported problems with external drives and rest mode, yes. Try removing the drive and seeing if the issue subsides as a test.

2 hours ago, Whooter said:

So far, so good.  So is there anything I can do with that HDD or is it just borked?

It's a WD Elements 2TB drive.

Wait until a firmware update to correct the issue.

Try an alternate USB port

Replace the drive. The Samsung 1TB SSD I’ve posted a number of times works flawlessly and is used primarily for PS4 game installs for me.

https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-870-QVO-SATA-MZ-77Q1T0B/dp/B089C73T72/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=samsung+sata+ssd&qid=1613785913&sr=8-4