LCVG

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread — Launching November 12, 2020 | $499 Regular, $399 Digital

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Yeah. I was actually able to get a 2nd one for my son last week from Best Buy. Next time, if you’re able to get one in your cart, but can’t complete it, leave it in your cart anyway. Then, as soon as it becomes available again, go straight to your cart and hit checkout. Worked well for Best Buy, I’m not sure about the others.

Yeah, I missed Best Buy by about 10 mins too, but it looks like they had stock for longer.  If I manage to score one, great, if not, I've still got the series X at least.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Christmas just got a little better...    

It’s out for delivery. I have to work all day so my son came over to wait while I’m not there.    edit: and delivered!! Now just 6 more hours of work to go....☹️

Good news! Amazon somehow found my PS5 and delivered it this afternoon. Bad news! It doesn't fit in my current TV cabinet. I knew this was going to happen so I ordered a new one a month ago and i

Posted Images

Sony alongside RTS have acquired the EVO championship series.

For those unaware, EVO is one of the most well known fighting game tournaments held every year. In regards to exclusivity. They are not narrowing the games to only Sony platforms either.

• 2 weeks later...

Something interesting I've found these past two weeks having gone from playing Man Eater and Control on PS5. The DualSense adaptive triggers are giving me really bad RSI in my right wrist. It my be fault of playing both games back to back (Man Eater is the the one that can do a real number on your wrist due to the chomping mechanic), but if I find I continue to be sensitive to it in future games with adaptive support I may have to disable it entirely. 

I'm getting old. 

19 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Something interesting I've found these past two weeks having gone from playing Man Eater and Control on PS5. The DualSense adaptive triggers are giving me really bad RSI in my right wrist. It my be fault of playing both games back to back (Man Eater is the the one that can do a real number on your wrist due to the chomping mechanic), but if I find I continue to be sensitive to it in future games with adaptive support I may have to disable it entirely. 

I'm getting old. 

Yes, Maneater caused me some slight pain as well (until i discovered I didn't need to mash it as much as I was).

More games should include intensity adjustments for the haptics, as COD does.

6 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I only found that the need for mashing in Man Eater reduced as you increased in size and ate smaller fish.

That may be, but I'm pretty sure you only need to mash the first bite until you can thrash, which does more damage against larger fish / whales.

44 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I'm getting old. 

This might be a hot take, but I think the ergonomics of the DualSense controller are a big step back from the DualShock 4. 

Mainly it's the grips, and I think that's partially what's causing your issues. The grips are too tapered at the bottom which affect your grip and the handles themselves are aligned in a more vertical position than most controllers, forcing the need to flex your wrists more to correctly hold the controller. This is exacerbated the closer you hold the controller to your body. 

The Xbox and PS4 controllers' handles flare outward a bit more, and both have a more substantial grip near the bottom that your hand can wrap around.

It took time for me to get "used" to the PS5 controller, and then it would feel pretty good. But then I'd go back to the DualShock and fits like a glove. I didn't play the PS5 for the past few weeks, and when I went back to it, I once again had to get accustomed to the controller. I'm at a point now that I'm used to it again. But the fact I have to do that makes me thing the design is flawed. 

6 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

This might be a hot take, but I think the ergonomics of the DualSense controller are a big step back from the DualShock 4. 

Not a hot take, and I'm not about to say you're wrong, but the reality is that everyone's hands are shaped differently, sized differently, and everyone's wrists come with different injuries and histories. So far for me the Dual Sense is causing no issues during regular play. I say "regular play" because Maneater is unique in the way it uses R2, and I have a feeling I'd have the same repetitive issues with a DS4 or Xbox controller.

Two things: 

1. You can turn off the adaptive triggers entirely or turn them down to be less restrictive in the system menu if they bother you.

2. On the ergonomics front, PS5 > PS4 for me but I also have much bigger hands so the beefier feel of the controller works really well for me. Holding a PS4 controller feels small and less comfortable.

Just now, Romier S said:

2. On the ergonomics front, PS5 > PS4 for me but I also have much bigger hands so the beefier feel of the controller works really well for me. Holding a PS4 controller feels small and less comfortable.

What do you think between PS5 and the Xbox controller?

18 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

What do you think between PS5 and the Xbox controller?

Series X controller is a tad smaller but has better textured grips which makes it a wash for me. The Series X D-Pad also wins though the PS5 isn't a slouch there and features the tried and true Playstation D-Pad I've been using for generations now. I'll take the triggers and shoulder buttons on the PS5 by a mile though the improved shoulder buttons on the Series X are excellent and far better than the One X pad.

I like them both  but I love the haptics and adaptive triggers on the PS5 and I won't lie - it makes a difference on where I buy third party titles. If the Series X version has a substantial leap in visuals, I'll stick to it but if its a wash? I'm going PS5 on the controller alone.

6 minutes ago, Romier S said:

I like them both  but I love the haptics and adaptive triggers on the PS5 and I won't lie - it makes a difference on where I buy third party titles. If the Series X version a substantial leap in visuals, I'll stick to it but if its a wash? I'm going PS5 on the controller alone.

This is my feeling as well.

2 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Series X controller is a tad smaller but has better textured grips which makes it a wash for me. The Series X D-Pad also wins for though the PS5 isn't a slouch there and features the tried and true Playstation D-Pad I've been using for generations now. I'll take the triggers and shoulder buttons on the PS5 by a mile though the improved shoulder buttons on the Series X are excellent and far better than the One X pad.

I like them both but I love the haptics and adaptive triggers on the PS5 and I won't lie - it makes a difference on where I buy third party titles. If the Series X version a substantial leap in visuals, I'll stick to it but if its a wash? I'm going PS5 on the controller alone.

I'm with you on all of that. It's just the grips for me. I'd argue the DualSense's might actually be smaller, or at the very least it's the same density just arranged in a less desirable way. 

Perfect example on the controller front - Mortal Shell. I have the Xbox One version and did the free upgrade to the Series X version. I also went out and bought the PS5 version thanks to the feedback on the adaptive triggers. One of the gameplay elements in the game is the characters ability to make themselves "harden" into stone when an enemy attacks. This is tied to a meter. On the PS5, the adaptive left trigger will not allow you to press down to harden giving you a tactile sense of when its not available as opposed to looking at the meter refill. No such thing exists on the Series X version. It seems minor but its also one of the most important aspects of staying alive in the game so its pretty damned useful. Otherwise, the games are nearly identical performance wise...