LCVG

Ring Fit Adventure [Switch]

Angry the Clown

Some amusement here watching the Easy Allies play it:

Even Bosman was enjoying it! 

Seems I already missed deals on the game for £49 here (retail is £69), but that may suggest chance of seeing it again at that price in late November is better than I had anticipated. I'll keep my eyes peeled. It's a really attractive looking game visually too.

Since I know Mark already caved and bought it, I anticipate updates on his RPG gains. :)

Yeah, I saw people on Twitter saying it was good core work and I know that they basically do all cardio, which is exactly the boat that I’m currently in.

I’m also a big fan of body weight training over weight stuff; I am not intending to buff up, just smooth down the ravages of time, so this will hopefully aid me on that front :)

You and I definitely share a similar interest in what we’d hope to get out of it. I was scanning the resetera thread on it earlier and, like many of the videos I have watched claim, it really does seem to kick your arse.

Really quite annoyed I missed out on the lower pricing for it now. Again I can only hope it drops again soon. I have price drop alerts set up for when it does.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I’ve been trying to exercise a bit more, and picked this up recently on a deal. 

I’m not too far in, but I’ve been enjoying it. The fact there is a little bit of a game and that it’s directing you in what exercises to do is a nice help and doesn’t feel quite as much like you’re just exercising. 

My main complaint has been that I just get going and then take a break to read story, or have the Ring character explain something to me, and I feel like there’s a lot of down time. I play for 30-45 mins and only get about 10-15mins of actual exercise, which doesn’t seem like enough. 

I learned today that increasing the difficulty will increase the reps you do during battles, so you will be exercising longer before you get a break. I think this will help, but it could also kill me. 

56 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I learned today that increasing the difficulty will increase the reps you do during battles, so you will be exercising longer before you get a break. I think this will help, but it could also kill me. 

This is a useful piece of advice you shared. But the way you constructed your last sentence earned a well-deserved, genuine, LOL.