LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Biohazard: RE3 - Resident Evil 3 Remake is coming...April 3rd 2020 (Officially announced!)

Cover art has begun to appear on PSN....

This had been rumored and was recently mostly confirmed but now the cover art has been discovered and a full reveal is apparently coming on the 12th...

• Like 2

Jill looks pretty badass!

EDIT: As excited as I am to see some confirmation that a remake of RE3 is in the works, I'm kind of sad that this leaked. It would have been cool to have the official reveal at The Game Awards next week.

It will be interesting to see how Capcom approaches this version of the game. Do they follow the template of the original and make a more action-oriented game, or do they pull back a bit and emphasize the survival horror aspects of the series the same way REmake 2 did?

RE3 was good, but flawed. It tried to be and action game first but was stymied by its use of fixed camera angles and pre-rendered backgrounds. Given the fact that this new version will likely be fully rendered in 3D and utilize an over-the-shoulder perspective, it should play a lot better. As a result, I think it could be an even bigger improvement over the original than RE2 was.

Given the turnaround (and the rumor that was this in production during the RE2 remake), my guess is that it will use the foundation of what Capcom accomplished with RE2 Remake. To your point, Jeff - the over the shoulder camera + more freedom of movement should allow for the action elements to blossom. Curious to see how they work the dodge in as it was pretty essential to high level play in RE3.

Also, there's apparently a trailer out there with some leaked images....

EK3kEJlXkAAx44d.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, King of All Cosmos said:

Code Veronica next, please, please, please.

That's be nice. I wonder if they'll get around to Resident Evil 8 first.

It's official: Resident Evil 3 is coming April 3, 2020. Resident Evil: Resistance -- aka Project Resistance -- is included as part of the package.

Announement trailer from the Sony State of Play:

Resistance is giving me Friday the 13th vibes. The role of the Mastermind is cool to as you're basically placing enemies and traps for the other 4 players.

Nemesis trailer!

Capcom has also since confirmed that the decision points in the original game will not appear in the remake. There's a single ending for the game as opposed to the multiple ending setup of the original. A bit disappointing but I can live with it.

• Like 1

Be nice if they could edit out Steve ;).

If RE3 is as solid an experience as 2, I am all for the changes. I did enjoy 3, I think it was my first RE game back in the day, but it had room for improvement.