LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JFo

Xbox Series X — Next Gen Console Coming Holiday 2020

I think this will be a great console and I might get one eventually but, not at launch. I’ve become a huge fan of Gamepass but, I already have it on PC and MS are doing all 1st party titles on both PC/XBone/XSX so I can already play everything in 4K on my PC. The XSX has to compete against an update on my video card and I don’t think the console would add much for me - at least not at launch.

2 hours ago, iainl said:

(this is an obvious lie that will be proven wrong the moment a new WipEout arrives)

The original trilogy enhanced via backwards compatibility would be enough for me.

• Like 1

edit 2:  Yes, thats a fuckin HDDVD player, the A1 mutherfucker

It’s time to move on. I know the loss was hard, but 4k is already here 😉

7 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Touche.

7D1E0988-2F5A-49FA-9D81-6FBEA8442149.jpeg

edit : I need to fuckin dust.

edit 2:  Yes, thats a fuckin HDDVD player, the A1 mutherfucker

Snap. I thought I was doing good keeping my (X)A1 in storage, but homeboy still has his hooked up. Props!

(A3 is there so the Beast™ doesn't get lonely.)

20191214_074026.jpg

• Like 2

I don’t even know the last time I used it. But it’s a great DVD player too. I have so many HDMI inputs it doesn’t really matter. But I probably should pull it out of there. 

40 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

And people think those of us clinging to vinyl are nuts. ;)

they still make vinyl 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Built in rechargeable battery for the new pad has been confirmed, right?

I have not seen anything one way or another in that regard.

9 hours ago, JFo said:

I have not seen anything one way or another in that regard.

😬 It would be utter madness if it isn't rechargeable and sport USB-C. Aside from TV/Blu-ray remotes my S controller is about the only thing I have in my household that I have to buy AAs for! I hope they confirm this soon.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

😬 It would be utter madness if it isn't rechargeable and sport USB-C.

I think we can expect USB-C on the controller. The new Elite Series II model uses it instead of micro USB. 

I'll be fascinated to see what the price of the system is, and who between MS and Sony dare go first in announcing such details. It could feasibly be the first of the new systems that I get, chiefly because of the backwards compatibility/gamepass and to have those XB1 games that I purchased accessible to me again (my thinking that it wouldn't be too long until the successor arrived is partially why I sold the X as early into owning one as I did). It'd certainly be interesting to see how the Series X enhances XB1 games, and whether anything gets a boost beyond XB1X improvements. 

I'm using the same Sanyo Eneloop rechargables I bought 8 years ago. They still last about 20 hours per charge (!) on the Xbox One controller, and it's great to be able to just swap in another pair when they need a charge & not have to plug in the controller. 

1 hour ago, Dan B. said:

I'm using the same Sanyo Eneloop rechargables I bought 8 years ago. They still last about 20 hours per charge (!) on the Xbox One controller, and it's great to be able to just swap in another pair when they need a charge & not have to plug in the controller. 

This.  I have no idea why there's this pent up desire for non-user replaceable batteries.  I've always got 4 eneloops on charge, and just swap them out when needed.  If/when they die, I can just replace the batteries, not the controller. 

I use the Ikea knock-offs ;) Have a charger in the game room + enough batteries that there's always four charged ready. I've no interest in built-in batteries for the controller, personally. It was a pain in the bahookie with the PS3. 

I’ll be getting one at launch, as well as the PS5.

Definitely more excited for the PS5, since Xbox really doesn’t have much, by way of exclusives, that I care about anymore. I’m just a tech whore, and would like to have one. Kinda interested in whatever they’re cooking up for the next Halo, but totally over the whole ‘Gears universe. Played the hell outta the first 3, and have had enough. 

The only place this new Xbox will fit, will be on the top shelf of my rack. Going to have to change things around. I hope the PS5 isn’t vertically designed. 

IGN made a mock-up of the Xbox Series X based on the images released so far. Here are a couple videos showing it next to the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

Maybe I’m just used to seeing it standing vertically, but I think it — or rather this paper mock-up — looks really weird lying on its side.

It's ludicrously tall on its side. But it's also nowhere near as deep as a regular console; I can only assume there's some massive chunk of a heat sink in there forcing this shape, or that someone really likes the old Mac Pro and just wants to make a statement.

I can't justify rushing out to get one day one, so hopefully there will be a more sensibly-shaped model by the time I do.

The leaks on this stuff is crazy. I don’t remember the start of this current gen being anywhere near this bad.

I legit have no clue where the fuck I’m gonna put that thing in my current setup.