LCVG

Xbox Series X/S — Next Gen Consoles Coming November 10, 2020 (X for $499, S for $299)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It took three generations of Xbox but I finally cracked the 6 figure mark on my Gamerscore!    

Boom, in at amazon.  

Posted Images

Yesterday when I was trying to do all access on gamestop i got to the end and it crashed. Gamestop shows no order at all.  I got an email today from Citizens One about my line of credit. Going to have to give them a call tomorrow and find out what is going on.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Yesterday when I was trying to do all access on gamestop i got to the end and it crashed. Gamestop shows no order at all.  I got an email today from Citizens One about my line of credit. Going to have to give them a call tomorrow and find out what is going on.

"Sir you already signed the contract, You can pay the early termination fee which is the price of the console"

I do rather like the design of the drives and how easy it is to just plug in. Its ashame they are proprietary and hence will have a cost mark-up associated. Perhaps a small price to pay for ease of use for some.  It'll be a little more work to install an M.2 Drive into the PS5 but if Sony made the connector accessible, it should be pretty easy.

These new machines are *big*. 

BTW, have we talked about this? New feature to allow you to download + install any game from the Android app, not just on purchase or insertion of the disc. So you'll be able to download + install a game you know you've got the disk coming from Amazon etc. 

https://lordsofgaming.net/2020/09/xbox-now-allows-game-preloads-before-inserting-a-disc/

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Stunned 1
18 minutes ago, dogbert said:

BTW, have we talked about this? New feature to allow you to download + install any game from the Android app, not just on purchase or insertion of the disc. So you'll be able to download + install a game you know you've got the disk coming from Amazon etc. 

https://lordsofgaming.net/2020/09/xbox-now-allows-game-preloads-before-inserting-a-disc/

That’s a pretty bad ass feature, yes.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that the disc drive would be on the bottom when on its side. I guess I was wrong about that (and now thinking about it, logistically that doesn’t make sense). 

I think it looks kinda ugly and silly like that, but if/when I get one, I’ll probably have it standing up. 

3 hours ago, dogbert said:

That’s absolutely brilliant. 

4 hours ago, Romier S said:

Nice sideways shot of the unit....

20200922_114723-1440x1080.jpg

I’m fascinated how my brain interprets the design differently depending on how it’s sitting.

Vertically, I like it! Horizontally, it’s the blandest console I’ve ever seen. Like they’re shipping out devkits or something.

It’s not a massive surprise, but it makes it abundantly clear why the Series S only has 500GB. If there is no wired internal drive, just the plug-in, then expecting a $70 controller and $220 SSD in your $300 console would be a bit crazy.