LCVG

Xbox Series X/S — Next Gen Consoles Coming November 10, 2020 (X for $499, S for $299)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the house!

I was told to expect a mid-March delivery but Gamestop up and did this today, just 2 days after placing the order...  

Phew. After a week of scrutinising every stock tracking site I could find, I finally have an order in for a Series X; being delivered on Saturday. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I feel for people trying to get a console now. Too many people trying and too many bots. I'm to the point of just saying the consoles cost $1000 and only available on eBay. After Christmas there will be a price reduction and available elsewhere. 

So my kid decided he didn't want one and so I canceled his pre-order that was to be his Xmas gift. He's since then decided that he does want one and it's all he wants. So I've been out here fighting bots left and right, failing left and right. I'm not about to go drop $1000 on a unit but I'm trying to fight the bots.

55 minutes ago, kelley said:

So my kid decided he didn't want one and so I canceled his pre-order that was to be his Xmas gift. He's since then decided that he does want one and it's all he wants. So I've been out here fighting bots left and right, failing left and right. I'm not about to go drop $1000 on a unit but I'm trying to fight the bots.

Just get him an Xbox One X and when he complains, tell him you got confused because the names are so similar.

The 2021 release calendar that just got published doesn't have a whole bunch of first party stuff on it yet:  https://kotaku.com/microsofts-2021-release-calendar-doesn-t-include-many-f-1845843755

Would be nice to see a solid release date for Psychonauts 2 at the Game Awards though.  That has to be first half of next year, right?

10 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

It does make me wonder what else might be there in early 2021.  I wonder what's up with Hellblade 2?  They showed that early on, but maybe it wasn't very far along? 

When Phil Spencer introduced it at The Game Awards last year, he did say Hellblade II was early in development. I wouldn’t expect to see it anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been closely following stock on the new consoles, something is going on with Microsoft's ability to deliver units. Sony is personally dropping new consoles nearly every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday on Direct. Weekly drops from major retailers AND they are going out quickly to customers. Microsoft on the other hand is still trying to fulfill stock from orders in late November/early December on their own website. Drops are happening with retailers but they seem to be much smaller in quantities and longer time between drops. It's not going to be good for MS to let Sony get another huge start ahead in this generation, but unless Microsoft starts rapidly getting stock out the door that is what is happening.

1 hour ago, JFo said:

Major Nelson had Phil Spencer on his podcast today for a look back on 2020. Good interview overall, well worth watching.

The talk about "online services" + uptime was interesting as someone heavily involved with this side of things lately. When you're doing the job well, players don't notice.