LCVG

Xbox Series X/S — Next Gen Consoles Coming November 10, 2020 (X for $499, S for $299)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the house!

I was told to expect a mid-March delivery but Gamestop up and did this today, just 2 days after placing the order...  

Phew. After a week of scrutinising every stock tracking site I could find, I finally have an order in for a Series X; being delivered on Saturday. 

Posted Images

Spent an hour on the phone with a GREAT Microsoft customer-service rep (when I could finally get one on the phone) and had to factory-reset my son’s machine (but thankfully not delete any content) and got the Game Pass sharing issue resolved.

Still missing games that disappeared on my machine, but at this point, whatever. I’ll reinstall if I ever want to play them again.

I don’t need another Xbox Series X controller. I have four already — black, white, blue, and the Elite Series 2 — but damn do I love the way this red one looks. I’m tempted to get it just because it looks so cool (or hot, if you will).

I really haven’t been into having different colored controllers since the N64. But I really do like the ones Microsoft has released for the Series consoles so far. I really hope we see more colors arrive soon.

17 hours ago, JFo said:

I don’t need another Xbox Series X controller. I have four already — black, white, blue, and the Elite Series 2 — but damn do I love the way this red one looks. I’m tempted to get it just because it looks so cool (or hot, if you will).

I really haven’t been into having different colored controllers since the N64. But I really do like the ones Microsoft has released for the Series consoles so far. I really hope we see more colors arrive soon.

I agree on the colors, but wish they wrapped all the way around. I almost bought the blue one until I saw the white on the back. Does it end up being as much of a dirt magnet as I think it may? I absolutely do not need a second controller, mind you 😀

Having had a pair of ex-display, white One S controllers for a while, they’re fine in terms of the hard plastic. I’ve heard that Design Studio controllers with white thumb sticks are a bugger for getting dirty, but the red and blue shouldn’t be trouble. 

2 hours ago, jubjub75 said:

I agree on the colors, but wish they wrapped all the way around. I almost bought the blue one until I saw the white on the back. Does it end up being as much of a dirt magnet as I think it may?

I'm not sure I can answer this question adequately. I mostly use the Elite Series 2 controller whenever I play something on the Series X. The white and blue controllers are mostly used by my two boys since I have the console set up to log them in automatically when they turn them on.

So far, both controllers look fine. In fact, I'd say both still look brand new for the most part. I'm sure, after enough use, the oils and greases in our hands will cause the luster to wear off. But that's the case with anything you touch — even the black controller.

I hear you on the colors not going all around the controller though. It's an interesting choice to be sure. Maybe it's a branding thing to make them stand out from the old Xbox One controllers? I think the blue looks better in person though. 

2 hours ago, jubjub75 said:

I agree on the colors, but wish they wrapped all the way around. I almost bought the blue one until I saw the white on the back. Does it end up being as much of a dirt magnet as I think it may? I absolutely do not need a second controller, mind you 😀

My kids bought me the blue one as a Christmas present, and it looks fine in person.  Doesn't seem to be overly dirty, but it's either in my hands on on the stand all the time. 

3 hours ago, PHiL said:

Ill keep an eye out. I got lucky getting a ps5 the other day.

Thanks, I've got all sorts of Twitter alerts set up for it. This week I've just seen ANTOnline and Costco put them up. I can't buy from Costco because I already bought my kid's Xbox Series X from them.