LCVG

Xbox Series X/S — Next Gen Consoles Coming November 10, 2020 (X for $499, S for $299)

1 hour ago, kelley said:

I just got one on All Access at Walmart. What will happen to my current two years of prepaid GamePass Ultimate?

There's a cap of three years for game pass pre-paid time. AFAIK the system won't let you activate the included GPU until it's valid for you to have it. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the house!

Excellent news! I scored one for my kid last week too. It should be here today. Christmas saved. 

I was told to expect a mid-March delivery but Gamestop up and did this today, just 2 days after placing the order...  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, dogbert said:

There's a cap of three years for game pass pre-paid time. AFAIK the system won't let you activate the included GPU until it's valid for you to have it. 

Here is the blurb from the walmart FAQ:

If you’re already an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, wait until your existing membership has a prepaid balance that is less than 12 months before redeeming the 24-month Ultimate membership through Xbox All Access. You will be unable to redeem with more than 12 prepaid months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

To check your prepaid balance, go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/. Note, once converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Xbox Live Gold and other Game Pass memberships cannot be unconverted. Learn more at https://xbox.com/gamepass.

Carlos.

16 hours ago, kelley said:

I just got one on All Access at Walmart. What will happen to my current two years of prepaid GamePass Ultimate?

And still available... I'm tempted, but I really don't want to open another line of credit just for a Xbox. Bah. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

That's excellent. Now if Sony would disable forcing HDR on SDR games....

...and per game downloading of save files from the cloud with auto sync without having to do the whole "copy over files from the PS4"...I already did it on my PS5 on launch but what a needless effort.

Have one arriving tomorrow! I prefer to game with my surround-sound system but that’s not feasible when the chat headset picks up every explosion and broadcasts it to my party. I don’t like to be “that guy” in the gaming session. Hopefully this is a good substitute.

I found a pair at Best Buy, so I bought them. 

Now a quick question. How come it doesn’t automatically mute your other audio source when you have the headphones on? It’s minor, but something I appreciate on the PlayStation, whereas it’s been like this on every Xbox I can remember.

12 hours ago, Paul said:

I found a pair at Best Buy, so I bought them. 

Now a quick question. How come it doesn’t automatically mute your other audio source when you have the headphones on? It’s minor, but something I appreciate on the PlayStation, whereas it’s been like this on every Xbox I can remember.

That feels like a terrible decision, haven't tried mine yet.

27 minutes ago, kelley said:

That feels like a terrible decision, haven't tried mine yet.

It’s always been like that on every Xbox console I’ve used headphones with unless there is an option I’m missing? It just always seemed strange to me. But a minor inconvenience at worst.