LCVG

2020 TV Show Discussion

JoeyN

Watch "Dirty John" on netflix  with your wife if you want her to appreciate you a little more.  It's a true story about a conniving, drug abusing, stalking psycho that worms his way into a lonely divorcee's life.  

I give it 4 out of 5 Zombie Survival Skills.

Carlos.

27 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

Watch "Dirty John" on netflix  with your wife if you want her to appreciate you a little more.  It's a true story about a conniving, drug abusing, stalking psycho that worms his way into a lonely divorcee's life.  

I give it 4 out of 5 Zombie Survival Skills.

Carlos.

Heh I though it was going to be 4 out of 5 cock blockers.

• 2 weeks later...

The Outsider (HBO) - 2 episodes in and this is a must-watch!  I didn't read the 2018 novel, so I'm watching this without knowing anything.  It is a murder-mystery, detective style, show with a probable paranormal angle.  Great cast, and an extremely foreboding tone.  Glad this came along.  Already waiting impatiently for the next episode.

Carlos.

Avenue 5 (HBO) - From the makers of Veep.

Well, its......ok, I guess.  Cruise ship touring the galaxy gets thrown off course, and hilarity is supposed to ensue. I love the premise and the cast, but the first episode was a smoldering mess.  I'll give it another couple of episodes to see if it hits its stride. 

Carlos. 

Does anyone watch This is Us? I know this forum skews more male, and this type of show has a more female demographic, but I consider this show to maybe be in my Top 10 shows of all time with the likes of GOT, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Lost, Justified, Star Trek (TNG), Friends, and Transformers.

This show is just damn good.

18 hours ago, Carlucci said:

Avenue 5 (HBO) - From the makers of Veep.

Well, its......ok, I guess.  Cruise ship touring the galaxy gets thrown off course, and hilarity is supposed to ensue. I love the premise and the cast, but the first episode was a smoldering mess.  I'll give it another couple of episodes to see if it hits its stride. 

I thought it was pretty rough up until the thing happens to knock the ship off course.  I thought it was pretty great from then on.  We'll see.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:23 AM, Carlucci said:

The Outsider (HBO) - 2 episodes in and this is a must-watch!  I didn't read the 2018 novel, so I'm watching this without knowing anything.  It is a murder-mystery, detective style, show with a probable paranormal angle.  Great cast, and an extremely foreboding tone.  Glad this came along.  Already waiting impatiently for the next episode.

Carlos.

Book is great. Quite enjoyed the first two episodes too. The music is totally unsettling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:35 PM, Angel P said:

Just watched episodes 3 & 4 and I’m still enjoying it.  I find Hugh Laurie’s lines of dialogue and facial expressions totally hilarious.

Same!

I burned through the 9 episodes of "Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet" on Apple TV the other day, and it was freakin' hilarious.  From the same folks that bring us "It's Always Sunny in Philadephia" it's like Silicon Valley (but even more whacky, if that's possible) for video gamers.

Hope Apple picks it up for another season.

• JoeyN unpinned this topic