LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

2020 TV Show Discussion

Finished MQ and really liked it :) I thought that Dark Quiet Death episode was actually pretty poignant too. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Magness said:

Finished MQ and really liked it :) I thought that Dark Quiet Death episode was actually pretty poignant too. 

Yes!  I think that was my favorite of the season

The McMillions documentary series on HBO is really great.   I had never heard the story before, and .......

.....Oh man I'm going to hate myself for this......

....You're going to hate me too.....

I'M LOVING IT!

Carlos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Annoyed 1

On 2/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Magness said:

Dark Quiet Death was intense + fantastic. 

I'm enjoying MQ, but finding certain episodes difficult for how close to home they hit. I couldn't watch episode 6 the first time I put it on, turned it off after 3 minutes, because it matched my day at work almost exactly. 

• Like 2

I thought the Dark Quiet Death episode was fantastic as well, maybe even my favorite one of the series.

Anyone else watch The Outsider?  Very good ten episode mini series based on the Steven King book.  My wife almost bailed when things got scary in the middle but stuck it out.  Definitely a bit disturbing at times, but I really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tylenol4 said:

Anyone else watch The Outsider?  Very good ten episode mini series based on the Steven King book.  My wife almost bailed when things got scary in the middle but stuck it out.  Definitely a bit disturbing at times, but I really enjoyed it.

Yes, we watched it and thought it was very good throughout.  I thought it was going to be a limited series, but the last episode was a "season finale".  Couple that with the ending mystery, and it would be great to see it return.

We're watching "Hunters" now on Amazon Prime.  There is some serious violence and Nazi depravity depicted, and some gruesome vengeance being meted out by the hunters.  There are great subplots brewing, and some very weird sidebar vignettes from time to time, like a dance-number or pseudo commercial.  At times it feels Tarrantino-esque.  Definitely recommend.

Carlos.

• Like 1

Finished The Outsider and McMillions (thoroughly enjoyed both) and am now loving Devs on FX.  Before this, I had finally gotten around to watching Killing Eve. Loved it so much that I’m holding season 2 for mid April before season 3 drops. 

Also, I finally started season 2 of Westworld but, 2 episodes in, it’s not as interesting as s1.  Maybe it’ll get better. Would’ve been caught up before tonight’s s3 premiere but don’t feel the need to binge with so many other more interesting shows. 

Yes, i saw that tweet.  I was going to start season 2 of The Wire but maybe will hold off until after Killing Eve s2.

Also, have started Breeders on FX. Anyone else watching this?  Really enjoying Martin Freeman playing a crazed dad. 

On 3/29/2020 at 11:24 PM, kelley said:

Angel hurry up on Season 2 as Season 3 has been moved up two weeks. 

Done!  I should’ve paced myself but this show it too good.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 7:50 PM, Angel P said:

Done!  I should’ve paced myself but this show it too good.

Yes. Way too good. I know some didn’t enjoy season 2 as much but I loved it. 

• Like 1

We finally watched Big Little Lies. How in the hell did I sleep on that one. So so Sooooo goood. We just started season 2. 

• Like 3

Anyone else catch Defending Jacob on AppleTV+ starring Steve Rog... er, Chris Evans?  First 3 episodes are up.  Enjoying it thus far.

• Like 1

Devs was very good, just finished it up last night. Not perfect, but very good.

Finally was able to sit down and watch the last season of Mr. Robot last month, too, and THAT was a fantastic last season. You can tell the story arc was carefully written before the series began, and the finale was one of the most satisfying I've ever seen for a series that has more than 1-2 seasons. I re-watched some of the first season and there was a moment in the fourth episode that literally made me gasp out loud after knowing how things were going to play out, it was pretty brilliant.

• Like 1

I’ve started Devs as well, pretty cool so far. I didn’t know anything about it, just word of mouth, but I was immediately impressed by the darkly sleek tone of it. And when Alex Garland’s name showed up in the credits I knew why it seemed familiar. I just watched Ex Machina again a few months ago!

Also started in on S3 of Ozark, there’s something about this show that keeps drawing me in despite some of its surface flaws. The plot seems so engineered, and yet I suppose it’s the performances that keep it interesting.

I’ve already posted my thoughts on Midnight Gospel in the Netflix thread. Perfect escapist, surrealist, visual and mental engagement for these dark times. 

At some point soon I will start Money Heist, after Carlos’ many recommendations. 

a show that really sucked me in lately was The Sinner, two seasons, separate murder cases that follow Bill Pullman as a detective. Great character study all around, well paced, and unpredictable plot (I think, anyway)

I watched The Outsider each week it came out. Really enjoyed it, although I found the finale a bit underwhelming, I’d still heartily recommend the show. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kelley said:

Plowed thru After Life series 2. Loved it to bits.

Yes. 

I’m liking Defending Jacob so far, 4 episodes available and not sure how many in total there will be but, interesting story and solid acting by all. 

• Like 1

Highly recommend Upload on Amazon Prime.  Created by Greg Daniels (Parks & Rec, and the upcoming Space Force, which also looks hilarious)

• Like 3