LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

2020 TV Show Discussion

Thx Joel.  Will give that a look as soon as I’m done with The Wire s3. 

• Like 1

Just blew through season 1 of Upload. It was very enjoyable. Good recommendation other Joel! 😉👍

Might only interest me,..  To anyone who saw my post in the collectables thread, yes I saw that PCC trolley immediately, and everytime in outside shot of the NY VR head quarters.

I knew instinctively where to look for that shooting location,... 
Near Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY
https://maps.app.goo.gl/UyCz7cN9ky2xeDjL9

• Like 1

We finished Defending Jacob - excellent show. I was really impressed throughout and it had a really fitting ending given the subject matter. 

• Like 2

Yes, really enjoyed Defending Jacob. Also recently completed Space Force. Loved it as well. Many LOL moments for me, many jokes at Trump’s expense and John Malkovich was utterly fantastic. 

• Like 1

The previews for Space Force looked awful, but with the talent behind it we gave it a go. Glad we did, it was fantastic, Malkovich is pure class in it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kelley said:

The previews for Space Force looked awful

Not to me :)

• Like 2

I don’t normally watch trailers or previews for things I know I want to see but I did for Space Force. It certainly didn’t seem as funny as it turned out but it also didn’t seem bad. 

I can’t comment enough on how awesome Malkovich is on this show. 

• Like 1

I've been wanting to watch "Dark" for a while, but the content + pacing made the first episode really hard to watch with distractions (or kids near....). Somehow the stars have aligned along with the third (and final) season appearing on Netflix. I'm five episodes in, and damn I'm utterly engrossed + can't stop. I'd be watching right now if I didn't have a half sleep wife on the couch. Episode 4 from beginning to end is a masterclass in TV plotting + timing + reveals. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

10 minutes ago, dogbert said:

I've been wanting to watch "Dark" for a while, but the content + pacing made the first episode really hard to watch with distractions (or kids near....). Somehow the stars have aligned along with the third (and final) season appearing on Netflix. I'm five episodes in, and damn I'm utterly engrossed + can't stop. I'd be watching right now if I didn't have a half sleep wife on the couch. Episode 4 from beginning to end is a masterclass in TV plotting + timing + reveals. 

Was just contemplating starting S3. It snuck up on me this time. Last year, just before S2 started, I watched S1 again to reorient to the dense, intertwined storylines. I only watched S2 once, so I’m feeling obligated to watch it again to better prep my brain. But, new episodes! Hard to resist. If I recall, S3 is the final season, I have high hopes for the conclusion...or maybe high hopes for the beginning...

Did you guys watch it dubbed or subtitled? If dubbed, how was the dubbing?

14 minutes ago, kelley said:

Did you guys watch it dubbed or subtitled? If dubbed, how was the dubbing?

Subtitled for me. I just hate dubbing. I’m not even the fastest reader, I find it hard to keep up at times, that’s how much I dislike dubbing. 

But I’m pretty sure someone here, I can’t remember who, said they thought the dubbing was good. I wouldn’t know. Haha. 

6 hours ago, rustyjaw said:

Subtitled for me. I just hate dubbing. I’m not even the fastest reader, I find it hard to keep up at times, that’s how much I dislike dubbing. 

But I’m pretty sure someone here, I can’t remember who, said they thought the dubbing was good. I wouldn’t know. Haha. 

I think I commented that the dubbing was decent, but the dubbing doesn't match the subtitles well.  Of course the salient points of the conversation are there, but then I started wondering which was was more correct, so I just turned off the subtitles.   It drove me nuts.

Carlos.

Floor is Lava on Netflix - It’s ridiculous but also great fun. The host never got too annoying for me.

• Like 2

I looked around to see if this had been posted, I didn’t find it. I must say I’m really intrigued.