LCVG

The Wonderful 101 Remastered Kickstarter (May 2020 on Switch, PS4 & PC)

Starhawk

I never got to play it on the U so am keen to pick it up on Switch.

I'm wary of the claim they can have it published on the eShop as soon as April but we'll see. Given the small sum they were asking for in the kickstarter for the Switch port goal I'd have to assume they already spent the time and footed the bill for the chunk of core development itself? It seems this port was always in development one way or another, but that Kamiya wanted control (presumably for the opportunity to put it on other platforms) and didn't want to limit it only to Switch had Nintendo agreed to publish it. The small sum may be all that they needed to get it over the line and published on the Switch at the very least. 

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I'm wary of the claim they can have it published on the eShop as soon as April but we'll see. Given the small sum they were asking for in the kickstarter for the Switch port goal I'd have to assume they already spent the time and footed the bill for the chunk of core development itself? [...] The small sum may be all that they needed to get it over the line and published on the Switch at the very least. 

My assumption is that if the Switch port can arrive as early as April, it is mostly done and ready to go. I wonder if the small amount they were asking for was more of a psychological thing. If people see that the kickstarter is successful, they may be likely to help fund the project. 

• 4 weeks later...

Official date for the release on Switch, PS4 and PC, both digital and physical, has been announced as May 19th for North America (22nd UK). Price is $39.99/£39.99.

Nine days left on the Kickstarter if anyone wants to get the digital release cheaper by backing it for ¥3,900. Physical reward tier works out cheaper too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...