LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Starhawk

The Wonderful 101 Remastered Kickstarter (Ships April 2020)

It's fun just watching pledged amount constantly go up on the page. Already over $100,000 as I type this. Looks like I will be pledging sooner than I thought. 

It's cool to see a game like this get a second chance. It would be a shame to see it die on the Wii U, where no one played it.

Neat to see this happening, but April delivery?  That's...aggressive.  They say that the game is basically done, so I suppose this is to gauge interest/platforms? 

Think I'll hold off for release and see what happens. 

52 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Looks like I will be pledging sooner than I thought.

Yeah, it looks like you better get your credit card ready. I wouldn't be surprised if it broke $500K in the next hour.

I like that getting blocked by Kamiya on Twitter is one of the backing rewards (not that it's difficult to achieve this without parting with any money however). Also, entry level backing is only £28 for a digital code for the game, which is certainly nice for a port. 

Backed for a physical copy. I own and played the Wii U version. Happy to give them money for a PS4 version.

1 hour ago, JFo said:

Yeah, it looks like you better get your credit card ready. I wouldn't be surprised if it broke $500K in the next hour.

Just checked it, and it was at $583,000, so I pledged my ¥3,900.00. 👍

I never got to play it on the U so am keen to pick it up on Switch.

I'm wary of the claim they can have it published on the eShop as soon as April but we'll see. Given the small sum they were asking for in the kickstarter for the Switch port goal I'd have to assume they already spent the time and footed the bill for the chunk of core development itself? It seems this port was always in development one way or another, but that Kamiya wanted control (presumably for the opportunity to put it on other platforms) and didn't want to limit it only to Switch had Nintendo agreed to publish it. The small sum may be all that they needed to get it over the line and published on the Switch at the very least. 

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I'm wary of the claim they can have it published on the eShop as soon as April but we'll see. Given the small sum they were asking for in the kickstarter for the Switch port goal I'd have to assume they already spent the time and footed the bill for the chunk of core development itself? [...] The small sum may be all that they needed to get it over the line and published on the Switch at the very least. 

My assumption is that if the Switch port can arrive as early as April, it is mostly done and ready to go. I wonder if the small amount they were asking for was more of a psychological thing. If people see that the kickstarter is successful, they may be likely to help fund the project.