LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Darksiders Genesis releases TODAY (Xbox One, PS4, Switch)

This had been released as a Stadia exclusive awhile back and finally releases on the PS4, Xbox One and Switch today. It's another gameplay shift for the series and functions as a prequel to the mainline games. It's presented in a 3/4th isometric view ala Diablo with ARPG mechanics. You can play as both Strife and War:

The game did review well when it released on Stadia:

I picked it up on the X today. I just have to support the series.

10 levels in on the X and absolutely loving it. The series is 4/4 for me. I remember being super worried about 3 but the 4/10‘s that game got was laughable. It had it’s issues but I ended up enjoying it immensely. This is a totally different animal but it’s an excellent action RPG with a really satisfying gameplay loop. You’re always finding some new secret or completing a quest that gives you rewards. The minute to minute combat is also a blast and keeps feeling fresh with all of the new attacks and gadgets Strife and War get. I really like that you can switch between them, too. For some reason I thought I’d be locked into a character in the beginning but I was pleasantly surprised to find otherwise when I started the game up.

The Decay level (8 I believe) has been my favorite of the game. The music is fantastic!