LCVG

E3 2020 officially canceled

Romier S

On 3/4/2020 at 10:56 PM, JFo said:

If they’re going to cancel E3, they should do it by holding a press conference where an over-rehearsed executive awkwardly walks out on stage and says, “Today, I’m thrilled to announce that the E3 experience... has been cancelled!”

<Applause>

They should let Devolver hold that press conference...

7 hours ago, Romier S said:

Hopefully all three do their own directs along with the rest of the industry. You don't all need to be in one place to do that.

Agreed. Whether they all decide to still go for the fun of dropping everything the same week remains to be seen, and the onslaught of news and reveals in such a short space of time is really part of the fun of following E3, but we'll definitely see the big companies making alternative arrangements (at the very least I could see MS looking into how to do an online event and make it interactive in some way. What Nintendo might do to supplement their Treehouse events I'd be interested to see. Perhaps we'll get a whole series of livestreamed Directs).

We’ll get our chats I’m sure, but with few or no cringeworthy live moments to snark over.

• 1 month later...