LCVG

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update on my family’s situation. Our youngest boy continues to have a mild fever in the low 99s. He seemed like he was on the upswing late-Thursday and all day Friday. His temp was normal the en

Just a quick update — the test for our older boy came back negative. Of course that just means that he didn’t have it on Friday when he got tested. Considering how much exposure he’s had to his little

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

I showed your video to my wife and 4 year old daughter yesterday (they both liked it). My daughter randomly started to sing “I’ll add some toilet paper to my gallery” last night during her bath.

Its a hit in our household. 

That's the best. I was so excited to have people get angry at the idea that we stockpiled toilet paper for this music video while people like Joel are using a hose after they go to the bathroom.

4 hours ago, Camp said:

@Carlucci brought up the moral plays government leaders have before them. Choosing the economy over lives is not even a question. Leaders protecting their economy are short term thinkers willing to risk lives to protect their power. I would argue most leadership is ensuring a very wide berth between themselves and any question of morality. Talk enough to make yourself appear topical but keep it laissez-faire to avoid anything meaningful and you'll be able to spin results in the end.

Yeah, I don't even see how this is remotely hard right now. If this *cough* administration *cough* really goes forward with the plans to open society / the economy in the next couple of weeks, literally millions of people are going to die. We are going to have cremation facilities running 24/7 and no funerals, people have no concept. The names of those in power will go down with those of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc. as mass murderers, that isn't an exaggeration. And that's the kind of thing that tanks your economy for years or even a decade. The economy can be rebuilt, millions of lives lost cannot. People also have to remember this is a world-wide event, not unique to the US.

We have been able to get weekly grocery deliveries without anything being out of stock, except for the obvious things like wipes / sanitizer /etc. I am pretty much practicing extreme isolation as my wife is having to go back and forth to her aging parents' farm to help out with the busy time of the year (spring), haven't been in direct contact with a soul outside of my wife and kid for 2 weeks coming up on Saturday. My kiddo is dealing with everything like a champ, she's the best.

It pains me to say I would like to support our local restaurants right now through takeout, but am really trying to be careful with money as much as possible until I land another job. I don't think I'm going to be out of work for months, I am getting a lot of hits, I would like to pump a bunch of money where I can locally once I have secured employment. Even if I get the enhanced unemployment benefits that are being bandied about in the congressional packages, I plan to use a bunch for that purpose as well as paying for the services that we normally WOULD be using but can't (haircuts, child care, etc.). I am already doing that somewhat.

It seems quite mild in his case. Nevertheless it does does beg the alarming question as to what the consequence is if it has spread through the key government department responsible for managing this crisis. Bad enough that Dominic Raab is the one having to step up in Johnson’s absence. How much lower can they go if he too is infected?

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Nevertheless it does does beg the alarming question as to what the consequence is if it has spread through the key government department responsible for managing this crisis. Bad enough that Dominic Raab is the one having to step up in Johnson’s absence. How much lower can they go if he too is infected?

I may soon get an answer to my question as Health Secretary Matt Hancock has also now tested positive and has gone into self isolation.

I know the "let's get this over with and all get infected at once" suggestion has been mocked and swatted down because A ) lots of vulnerable people will die B ) Hospitals would be overwhelmed.  

But I say stick congress in a poorly ventilated subway in NY for 3 weeks, and let the cards fall where they may.

34 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

I know the "let's get this over with and all get infected at once" suggestion has been mocked and swatted down because A ) lots of vulnerable people will die B ) Hospitals would be overwhelmed.  

But I say stick congress in a poorly ventilated subway in NY for 3 weeks, and let the cards fall where they may.

Only one edit,... Poorly vented White House,...

Was just on a quick call with my bro in TX to see how he was doing (he’s ok but not sure about his job when he goes back). He also said the local news in Houston warned that there would be record unemployment filing next month so more limitations/delays on Unemployment payments and that there would be no payment holidays?! Is that right? So no mortgage payment break or extra time for people even with all this shit going on?

I’m hoping that’s wrong... Anyone here know more?

Some banks have already announced a pause in mortgage payments.  More will follow suit, but they'd probably rather take it on a case-by-case basis instead of just taking the shotgun approach.  

But Congress is absolutely fucking around right now with delay after delay to get their pet bullshit added that is completely unrelated to the crisis at hand.  

The banks here have said that you can defer, but it sounds like it's on a case by case basis, and that there are strings attached (e.g. interest still accrues).  Good for those that need it though, even if there are some hoops to jump through. 

Reading some of the stories coming out of the hospitals is scary as fuck.  People coming in at a point where they're already past the point of no return, which is only going to get worse.  Community spread is happening now, so really the ability to get things under any degree of control will come down to limiting that. 

On deferring mortgages, anyone who does needs to pay attention to what's due when payment resumes. I've heard that they can simply resume the payments as normal as extend the end date payments, but if you aren't careful about the terms they may-in-fact state that all missed payments are due immediately. So those are completely different things, one being helpful, the other creating a finance time bomb. 

40 minutes ago, JTello said:

On deferring mortgages, anyone who does needs to pay attention to what's due when payment resumes. I've heard that they can simply resume the payments as normal as extend the end date payments, but if you aren't careful about the terms they may-in-fact state that all missed payments are due immediately. So those are completely different things, one being helpful, the other creating a finance time bomb. 

This is accurate.  And a shitshow in the making for any bank that does that.  

Racial profiling is so last year! Here in my town we are resident profiling. At the order of the RI governor, residents of others states (New York really) are being pulled over, having police knock on doors if they see an out-of-state plate in the driveway, and getting reported to police by residents when seen around town. They are being told to quarantine for 14 days. Kinda crazy, but we do get a lot of NYers escaping here to their vacation homes. At least it seems to be all polite and more suggestion than order. But still strange. 

Had a weird metallic taste in my mouth off and on throughout the day yesterday along with nausea, then before bed was beginning to feel dehydrated with a dry mouth. That dryness has continued into this morning along with a headache and lightheadedness and some minor aches. Feeling some minor pressure in my chest as well. I can still take deep breaths but there’s a little heaviness there to be sure.

Will see how things progress over the weekend and isolate in case this is indeed “it.”