LCVG

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Thanks. Could just be another bastard anxiety attack, but best not to take any chances. I'm not in any discomfort. 

Heard that loss of taste and smell are often early indicators in otherwise healthy patients. 

Get on the phone with your doctor, Daniel. 

Carlos. 

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update on my family’s situation. Our youngest boy continues to have a mild fever in the low 99s. He seemed like he was on the upswing late-Thursday and all day Friday. His temp was normal the en

Just a quick update — the test for our older boy came back negative. Of course that just means that he didn’t have it on Friday when he got tested. Considering how much exposure he’s had to his little

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Had a weird metallic taste in my mouth off and on throughout the day yesterday along with nausea, then before bed was beginning to feel dehydrated with a dry mouth. That dryness has continued into this morning along with a headache and lightheadedness and some minor aches. Feeling some minor pressure in my chest as well. I can still take deep breaths but there’s a little heaviness there to be sure.

Will see how things progress over the weekend and isolate in case this is indeed “it.”

Seconded...take your butt to a doctor.

Not the protocol here, chaps. Even with the most common symptoms of fever and cough, which I don't exhibit, the advice is just to isolate for a week. In the UK they only want you to seek medical attention if you have difficulty breathing. I don't feel especially fatigued or anything right now short of really wanting (and taking) an afternoon nap earlier. Still have sense of taste and smell too. I really only posted to keep a log of sorts should it develop, that way we can know of various tell tale signs to look out for between us since people who have definitely had it are reporting so many different experiences.

33 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Not the protocol here, chaps. Even with the most common symptoms of fever and cough, which I don't exhibit, the advice is just to isolate for a week. In the UK they only want you to seek medical attention if you have difficulty breathing. I don't feel especially fatigued or anything right now short of really wanting (and taking) an afternoon nap earlier. Still have sense of taste and smell too. I really only posted to keep a log of sorts should it develop, that way we can know of various tell tale signs to look out for between us since people  who have definitely had it are reporting so many different experiences.

Same.  If you get a minor case of COVID-19, there is no need to go to the doctor.  Going to the doctor just exposes you to others and others to you.  Now, if you are having breathing difficulties, by all means - go to the doctor.

55 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Not the protocol here, chaps. Even with the most common symptoms of fever and cough, which I don't exhibit, the advice is just to isolate for a week. In the UK they only want you to seek medical attention if you have difficulty breathing. I don't feel especially fatigued or anything right now short of really wanting (and taking) an afternoon nap earlier. Still have sense of taste and smell too. I really only posted to keep a log of sorts should it develop, that way we can know of various tell tale signs to look out for between us since people who have definitely had it are reporting so many different experiences.

Makes sense. Still, if you develop breathing symptoms don’t hesitate.

Double checking with the NHS advice, even continued fever symptoms after seven days falls into the "continue self isolation" category here, so it's really respiratory difficulties that they advise people to report for medical attention.The chest pressure I have right now just feels like the type I get with a mild anxiety attack, it's just that combined with my dehydration symptoms yesterday and last night/this morning, and the metal taste in my mouth (which I haven't noticed today) I want to err on the side of caution here for a few days and see what happens.  

What may seem a 'minor' case can very quickly become major. See a doctor at the first sign of things getting worse.

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

Why wait? Following this guideline now can potentially prevent tens- or hundreds of thousand cases. Makes no sense to select an arbitrary date over week away, while the number cases continues to grow exponentially.

And where are those masks going to come from? There's a shortage now, with nurses and doctors going without, or having to reused disposable items, or fashion protective gear out of trash bags. It's inexcusable for the richest country in the world to be so unprepared and incompetent. South Korea has drive-through testing available for every citizen. Here, healthcare providers and people clearly exhibiting symptoms of the virus are being denied testing. We're governed by short-sighted reactionaries who wait until things are too dire before taking action.

22 minutes ago, King of All Cosmos said:

What may seem a 'minor' case can very quickly become major. See a doctor at the first sign of things getting worse.

Sure. As PackFan notes though, you also have to be cautious about visiting a doctor as you don't want to expose their practice to the virus. I believe it's actually forbidden here to simply take yourself to see a doctor for those reasons at this point as everywhere is getting too overwhelmed. You have to stay put, call a number and you'll be taken to hospital (again, at least here in the UK).

In many ways I'm quite grateful of knowing what anxiety feels like as I'll likely know when something's going on in my chest that I've never experienced before. It's also more than a little possible my that chest today is in fact anxiety in response to the other symptoms getting my mind into an overactive gear overnight 

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Double checking with the NHS advice, even continued fever symptoms after seven days falls into the "continue self isolation" category here, so it's really respiratory difficulties that they advise people to report for medical attention.The chest pressure I have right now just feels like the type I get with a mild anxiety attack, it's just that combined with my dehydration symptoms yesterday and last night/this morning, and the metal taste in my mouth (which I haven't noticed today) I want to err on the side of caution here for a few days and see what happens.  

Most of this is probably because at that point, there's not much they can do.  Treat symptoms, sure, and perhaps prescribe something stronger if the over the counter stuff isn't cutting it, but if it's viral, then there's no easy fix.

I consider myself a very skilled germaphobe.  And I consider It nearly impossible for a group of people sharing a living space to not contaminate each other routinely. Not impossible. Nearly impossible.  Masks. Hand washing. From what I've observed of people's hands, over the course of just a few minutes, spread within living groups just has to be accepted.

5 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I consider myself a very skilled germaphobe.  And I consider It nearly impossible for a group of people sharing a living space to not contaminate each other routinely.

It happens all the time in our house. Back in December 2018, we had a case of Norovirus sweep through our family in a matter of days. It started with my oldest son on Friday night, hit my youngest that night while we were sleeping, and my wife Saturday morning. I was lucky in that I felt fine throughout the weekend, so I was able to take care of everyone. By the time I got the boys to bed on Sunday evening though (my wife was still feeling sick), my stomach started to feel kind of funny. Let’s just say I didn’t go to work on Monday or Tuesday. My mother-in-law even caught it because she came over to help out with a few things on Tuesday. She was only in the house for a few hours and got sick a day or two later.

So, yeah, if COVID-19 gets one of us, we’re all coming down with it — of that I am certain.

My best friend works as the ICU manager in Indiana in the county nearest to Cincinnati. He got called in at 5 yesterday morning. They have 5 patients on ventilators, though one was for prior circumstances.

The hospital is setting up some stupid policies that are never going to work. Like if anyone in your house has a cough, for any reason, then you get a 14 day quarantine. And guess what, you get to use your PTO to take off over a virus you probably don’t have yet. And the hospital goes short staffed because of that. Boneheaded reactionary bullshit. 

COVID-19 doesn’t fuck around.

On March 6, Adam Burdick, the choir’s conductor, informed the 121 members in an email that amid the “stress and strain of concerns about the virus,” practice would proceed as scheduled at Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church.

“I’m planning on being there this Tuesday March 10, and hoping many of you will be, too,” he wrote.

Sixty singers showed up. A greeter offered hand sanitizer at the door, and members refrained from the usual hugs and handshakes.

“It seemed like a normal rehearsal, except that choirs are huggy places,” Burdick recalled. “We were making music and trying to keep a certain distance between each other.”

After 2½ hours, the singers parted ways at 9 p.m.

Nearly three weeks later, 45 have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or ill with the symptoms, at least three have been hospitalized, and two are dead.

Just got word from the school board that next week they're planning on launching something to be able to deliver some soft of content to kids.  No idea what form that's going to take, but they sent around some questions about access to tech/internet, so can make some assumptions there.  I have no idea how much of this is/can be mandatory or evaluated though, and I don't think they do either.  Everyone is in uncharted waters here.  The biggest challenge for us is going to be supervision-both of us are working from home, and it's tricky enough to have to break up fights, make sure they eat something, and at least pay some attention to the kids through the day.  Now if it gets to the point where we have to make sure they're paying attention to internet school?  That's...going to be interesting.  Anyone else gotten to the point where they're trying to do remote school?

Otherwise...just staying home...

Because I’m not shaving or cutting my hair anytime soon, I decided that I was going to take this bizarre opportunity to see what life would be like if I was a proper hippy and didn’t wear deodorant. I’m still showering and scrubbing with soap all over daily. Well it’s been three weeks and I can say that deodorant definitely covers up my manly musk smell pretty damn well. If I went into the office smelling like this people would think I didn’t clean myself, which is far from the truth. Actually I’m scrubbing down harder now than I have since the first time I thought a girl might let me get into her pants. My wife thinks I’ve lost my mind. 

Carlos - I actually got in my car Sunday and just drove around the neighborhood. It was oddly satisfying. 

I wish I had taken a Day 1 photo to compare it to when this is all finally over. 

6 hours ago, Carlucci said:

My daughter, a high school junior, is getting assignments with no grades, so all the children are blowing it off. 

Meanwhile, I  haven't left my house at all in 20 days now. Pretty sure I have forgotten how to drive a car. 

Carlos. 

As in you have not gone out the door, or off your property? You can go outside for some air 😀