LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
foogledricks

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

Not Covid, but this guy rocks, and his long life and positive attitude is 'exactly what the doctor ordered'! 

Stay safe my friends! Let's all be Bob's! 

I believe Mexico has completely and truly fucked their CovID response,  and they will soon rocket to the top with the most deaths.  They have the perfect storm of a high population density, religious fervor to deny reality,  and a super corrupt government.   

Hold onto your fucking hats. 

Carlos. 

Just heard that my county now has the second highest number of covid cases in the state. I haven't been using a mask when running errands, but I guess I should start doing so.

Got absolutely no work done today...played Animal Crossing for the last nine hours.

• Like 1

Schools here officially closed until May, at which point they'll reevaluate where things are.  Should see what their online teaching solution is going to be late this week/early next.  Funny thing is that between the teacher strikes earlier this year, and now the pandemic, this could be a year where the kids both get zero report cards :)

Think I'm going to venture into the office this week to pick up some extra stuff-could use another monitor and another headset for the kids, so might as well take some of the stuff home that I know is just sitting on my desk there.  Haven't been there in almost a month...

12 hours ago, Carlucci said:

I believe Mexico has completely and truly fucked their CovID response,  and they will soon rocket to the top with the most deaths.  They have the perfect storm of a high population density, religious fervor to deny reality,  and a super corrupt government.   

Wow, I didn’t realize so many Republicans lived in Mexico. 

:Cruise:

32 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

So that's where all the N95 masks went. 

Hey there Ewrong Musk, Home Depot has this shit just sitting in a box next to the register. Not difficult to find. Bought my one. Go get yours! 

Seriously though, bit odd forcing myself to wear it.  Just felt like I have to swallow pride and be smart. Late 40's, four kids to care for, I just can't screw around due to silly pride. Weird times! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JTello said:

Hey there Ewrong Musk, Home Depot has this shit just sitting in a box next to the register. Not difficult to find. Bought my one. Go get yours! 

Seriously though, bit odd forcing myself to wear it.  Just felt like I have to swallow pride and be smart. Late 40's, four kids to care for, I just can't screw around due to silly pride. Weird times! 

#ImaginesJoelDistractingMotherThenStealingMaskFromBaby

12 hours ago, Carlucci said:

So what you are saying is they are exactly the same as the USA? Oh man, that IS bad! 🙃😳

• Epic Post 1

2 minutes ago, secretvampire said:

So what you are saying is they are exactly the same as the USA? Oh man, that IS bad! 🙃😳

I'm not trying to disparage either country, just a prediction based on what I know about the country.  They were even later to start responding to the crisis.  Some of their leaders, even last week, were downplaying. Their population density is higher than the USA.  Though larger in area, Mexico City is more populated than NYC.  Plus, like Italy, they don't have a word for "old folks home". Their elderly far more often live together with their children in multi-generational, crowded homes.  Perhaps they don't travel internationally and inter-state as much as we do in the US.  that is one variable that could vastly impact their infection rate.

Carlos.

• Like 1

Our new protocol is masks and gloves in all homes. We’ve had some n95 masks sitting around for a long time that are finally going to get used. And we are going to use the black nitrile gloves that the tattoo dickhead left us stuck with when he didn’t pay his last bill then disappeared. That way we can look at least a little bit cool wearing stupid shit. 

1 hour ago, Carlucci said:

I'm not trying to disparage either country, just a prediction based on what I know about the country.  They were even later to start responding to the crisis.  Some of their leaders, even last week, were downplaying. Their population density is higher than the USA.  Though larger in area, Mexico City is more populated than NYC.  Plus, like Italy, they don't have a word for "old folks home". Their elderly far more often live together with their children in multi-generational, crowded homes.  Perhaps they don't travel internationally and inter-state as much as we do in the US.  that is one variable that could vastly impact their infection rate.

Brazil may be in even worse shape, given that Bolsonaro has gone even further than Trump in continuing to downplay the crisis, denying the effectiveness of sheltering, and he's made no bones about his prioritizing the economy over public health and safety.

• Sad 1

I think most of South America is going to feel a lot of pain with this.  I know India went into a hardcore quarantine but I'll be shocked if we don't see HUGE numbers out of there as well.  Brazil and India share a similar slum city set up too, the rona is going to rip thru those communities.

Close to 1,000 cases added overnight in PA. Nearly 6k cases and growing and the overnight numbers keep climbing. Thankfully, deaths have stayed relatively low at 74 (and that's 74 too many) but man this is disheartening. The Governor now has a full statewide stay at home order in place. 

Be safe out there guys.

8 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

Think I'm going to venture into the office this week to pick up some extra stuff-could use another monitor and another headset for the kids, so might as well take some of the stuff home that I know is just sitting on my desk there.  Haven't been there in almost a month...

Drove in this afternoon, and was amazed at the number of people on the roads, and the number of cars in the parking lot.  We're all on WFH, but apparently the CGI people in the building didn't get the message?  Took home another extra monitor, couple of webcams, and the new headsets that we just got shipped, as well as another spare laptop in case the kids need another device set up.  I'm still set up in the office, but set up a second workstation for my wife in the bedroom, so we're good for the long term I think. 

Also, I just read that Diamond isn't shipping any more comics as of april 1, which means that the direct market for comics is basically shut down.  Not sure what creators/publishers are going to end up doing here-more direct digital and mass-market collections?  I can't see a lot of local comics shops surviving this if it lasts too long...

I just read the mother of all conspiracy theories. 

Apparently,  there is something called Adrenochrome that is harvested from the blood of children, tortured to fill them full of adrenaline. It is the favorite drug of hollywood celebrities and the political elite. Basically, Monsters Inc is a documentary.  Tom Hanks was the first arrest. Oprah talks in code about "flowers" to discuss the dwindling supply. 

This whole coronavirus thing is a ruse, as we put a stop to it. The ERs are being set up to accommodate the millions of children being freed. The earthquake activity is the underground bunkers being destroyed. 

There are people who believe this. 

Carlos.