LCVG
foogledricks

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

1 hour ago, rustyjaw said:

I would actually like to be in the office now and then, I miss some of the camaraderie and spontaneous conversation that breaks out. I never thought I'd say such things, as I'm really an introvert at heart.

I enjoyed the same stuff, and miss being able to go for lunch with people, or random conversations you'd get into, but that was kind of my point with how the overlap looks if you end up trying to have, say, 40% of the people WFH on any given day.  In a company of around 100 people, there's probably always going to be someone missing, and things like lunches aren't going to be a thing for a while given the situations with social distancing, so that kills a few of the things.  I get that there are people who miss the work/home delineation, and I've found that eroding a bit more lately as well.  I've been using my work laptop for gaming as well (in the same home office), which makes it much easier to just get a little more done on some random project at the same time.  I don't really mind though-it also means I don't see a problem with taking time through the day to help one of the kids with school stuff, or just take a random pinball break. 

My wife decided to take both of our boys in to get tested this afternoon. We’ll have the results in 1-6 days. We’ll get a call regardless of whether or not the test comes back positive or negative, which is good to know. Both boys are in good spirits, and aside from that low-grade fever our youngest has had, they both seem perfectly healthy.

Unfortunately, the number of positive cases at daycare continues to rise. As of this afternoon, there are 6 confirmed cases among the staff and 11 for kids. Hopefully, everyone makes it through this all right.

• Like 1
  • Stunned 1

16 hours ago, JFo said:

Swab up the nose, apparently. However, it was not the tickle-the-back-of-your-brain variety I've heard so much about. Apparently, they just kind of swabbed around the nostrils (both of them) on both boys in order to get the samples they needed. I'm glad too, because I half-expected to hear horror stories from my wife when the got back home about how they'd been traumatized at the doctor's office.

I've had that swab-to-the-brain test before, the about ten years ago when both my wife and I got the flu. It is the second most unpleasant thing the doctor can do to a male patient. 

The doc literally had to have my wife stand with her back against the wall so she wouldn't have anywhere else to retreat, as she just kept jerking her head back with every attempt.  

So glad they came up with a better alternative. 

Carlos. 

55 minutes ago, King of All Cosmos said:

Baptisms in the time of Covid.

This looks like something from The Onion, but I hope it's real! It's awesome! 😂

We received the results of our youngest son’s test from Friday. Unfortunately, it came back positive. We haven’t heard back on our older boy’s results yet. The doctor I spoke with on the phone said if we didn’t receive the results today, they were likely negative, and we’d hear back tomorrow.

At this time, we’re being told to self-isolate for at least 14 days since our last exposure, which would be whenever our son stops exhibiting symptoms (in this case, when his fever breaks). Chances are the rest of us have contracted it since it’s hard to socially distance from a 4 year-old, who lives with you and is under your care. The good news is that at this time, we are all feeling pretty healthy. That can change quickly, of course, and we’ll need to closely monitor our symptoms should any develop. Since we have been exposed, the threshold for us getting tested is pretty low. If we develop any symptoms, we should be able to get a test done.

That’s all for now. Wish us luck!

• Sad 7
  • Stunned 3

26 minutes ago, JFo said:

We received the results of our youngest son’s test from Friday. Unfortunately, it came back positive. We haven’t heard back on our older boy’s results yet. The doctor I spoke with on the phone said if we didn’t receive the results today, they were likely negative, and we’d hear back tomorrow.

At this time, we’re being told to self-isolate for at least 14 days since our last exposure, which would be whenever our son stops exhibiting symptoms (in this case, when his fever breaks). Chances are the rest of us have contracted it since it’s hard to socially distance from a 4 year-old, who lives with you and is under your care. The good news is that at this time, we are all feeling pretty healthy. That can change quickly, of course, and we’ll need to closely monitor our symptoms should any develop. Since we have been exposed, the threshold for us getting tested is pretty low. If we develop any symptoms, we should be able to get a test done.

That’s all for now. Wish us luck!

Well dang, wish you the best! It'll be fine. 

• Like 1

Damn, Jeff. Wishing you guys the best and a speedy recovery for your kid(s).

• Like 1

Stay positive. Hope for a speedy recovery from it.

• Like 1

Wow, Jeff. Very sorry to hear that news. I hope you and yours come out of this healthy (and immune!)

• Like 1

Jeff, I expect everything to be fine and good after your two weeks. I assume you'll be taking everyone's temperature every time they blink. 

Wishing you and your family well, Jeff. LCVG is obviously very much here for you.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Jeff. Hope your little one has a speedy recovery and the rest of your clan are lucky to be in the asymptomatic group. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Once he gains immunity Jeff will reach another tier of LCVG, absorbing all of our powers. 

You mean like Mega Man?

YOU GOT: COVID MISSILES

• Haha 1
  • Bravo 1