LCVG

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update on my family’s situation. Our youngest boy continues to have a mild fever in the low 99s. He seemed like he was on the upswing late-Thursday and all day Friday. His temp was normal the en

Just a quick update — the test for our older boy came back negative. Of course that just means that he didn’t have it on Friday when he got tested. Considering how much exposure he’s had to his little

Posted Images

Jeff, with a confirmed case in your household, have any federal, state, local, county, or municipal authorities contact you to conduct contact tracing?   Just wondering if the reality is matching what the authorities say is happening.

Carlos.

5 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

Jeff, with a confirmed case in your household, have any federal, state, local, county, or municipal authorities contact you to conduct contact tracing?   Just wondering if the reality is matching what the authorities say is happening.

As I mentioned above, my wife spoke with the Minnesota Department of Health. She also spoke to the health department in our county. As far as I know, they didn’t ask her any questions regarding contact tracing though.

That’s not to say that no contact tracing is happening. I suspect it is just happening through my son’s daycare since that’s where his exposure was. That’s what originally prompted us to bring him home last Monday — the center confirmed that he had contact with someone who had tested positive.

1 hour ago, kelley said:

My local GP said she hadn't seen a potential case since late March. Now is that from people staying home or going to the ER instead of their GP, dunno but I thought that was an interesting observation.

If I went to the emergency room for it, I would still be on the phone with my GP.  It would be the only way to ensure I get Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc STAT!

Carlos.

WFHomers,

What type of splitter do I need?  I have Lenovo laptop with only one HDMI video out, and no other video outs, and no docking station.  If I want to stop using the laptop screen, and go with two external monitors, with the screen extended across both, which little gizmotron do I need?  Links to the right one on amazon would be most appreciated.

Carlos.

Have you got a USBC/Thunderbolt port on there?  If so, that can drive multiple monitors, and you can get adapters for HDMI or even VGA that way. 

I upgraded to a Thunderbolt dock a while back and haven't looked back.  2 monitors, multiple USB ports, and power delivery all in one cable!

2 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

I have these. Does the lightning mean thunderbolt?

Carlos.

20200529_152853.jpg

20200529_152834.jpg

Yep that's a lighting port.

I currently use an UIltraWide monitor (Dell u3419w), which is nice because I just use one cable to my macbook pro, which provides power and the monitor has a few USB ports built-in as well.

35 minutes ago, kelley said:

I bet big oil has a Lenovo thunderbolt dock in their catalog they could send you.

Now that I know it's a thing, I will ask.  They are allowing everyone to spend up to $500 on ergo equipment, after a phone consult with the RSI team.  I want to get better chair and a 2nd external monitor. 

Carlos.

4 minutes ago, Robot Monkey said:

Carlos, which model Thinkpad is that? I want to replace my X1 Carbon (3rd gen).

I'd like to replace it with the current gen X1 Carbon, but I want to know if the speakers are incredibly tinny still.

I've had it for a few years.  I think we're due for refreshes soon.  It's a T470.   Speakers are pretty bad.  

Carlos.

I picked up a 29" LG ultrawide because of expanded telework.. It's so nice being able to have multiple pdf invoices and excel files open at once. It'll be hard going back to a single normal display at the office. Bonus that I can just swap my gaming laptop in the same spot. Also finally replaced my desk chair with a more ergonomic big and tall chair. Wish I had this at the office as well. All told it was under 600 and made a huge improvement in productivity and comfort for me

I thought about the ultrawides, but those can get really pricey.  I've got 2 23s plus my 15" laptop screen at home, but I don't really use the laptop screen much except as a "keep an eye on something peripheral" monitor.  I had 1 extra 27" at the office, which is now in the other room at my wife's work setup.  I'm also really glad that I wired the office for ethernet, although I regret not running a cable to the bedroom now, and have actually been contemplating how to best do it from the hub in the office.  Wifi in my whole house is pretty bad given walls and neighbors, and it made working from home and trying to handle calls on Teams a real problem.