LCVG

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update on my family’s situation. Our youngest boy continues to have a mild fever in the low 99s. He seemed like he was on the upswing late-Thursday and all day Friday. His temp was normal the en

Just a quick update — the test for our older boy came back negative. Of course that just means that he didn’t have it on Friday when he got tested. Considering how much exposure he’s had to his little

Posted Images

So my office just announced that they're reopening Monday, but with details to follow on what the new policies/procedures are.  I really have to wonder what the point is.  They surveyed everyone a while back, and only 30% said they "can't wait to come back", with the rest being much more cautious.  The GTA is still the hotspot in Ontario, and we're still tagging around 200 new cases a day.  That number is moving in the right direction, but it's still high, so even with whatever gets put in place to try to mitigate, it's still a risk.  It's a little frustrating, because all of the kids' stuff for the summer is now cancelled, so they're looking at a long summer without any camps/activities, and probably without a whole lot of interaction with their friends, but people are going back to work in an office, doing a job they've proven to be able to do remotely, because reasons? 

When I was in the office for my day this week I heard they told a bunch of people their new days when they have people go back, and it was a shit show. They didn’t take into account  making sure people were not near each other, then said “we can have you at a different desk those days”. Of course that did not go over well, and defeats the entire point, and why it was postponed. No one has said a thing to me, which is good. They just keep giving me more stuff to do, and it’s all stuff that can be done from home 😀

On 6/11/2020 at 12:23 PM, PHiL said:

. Losing my job of 20 years right before all this started sucked,

Well with school just about over.. my old job called to see if I wanted to finish closing the store I was at. ( filed for bankruptcy right before all this) they offered a boat load of money for the next 2 month so I went back Monday. For the most part pleasantly surprised how everyone is going about there days wearing masks.. no one has had any problems this week at store. We have been wiping down all railing handles and registers every 30 minutes.

however you can’t teach stupid:) 

50 minutes ago, PHiL said:

Well with school just about over.. my old job called to see if I wanted to finish closing the store I was at. ( filed for bankruptcy right before all this) they offered a boat load of money for the next 2 month so I went back Monday. For the most part pleasantly surprised how everyone is going about there days wearing masks.. no one has had any problems this week at store. We have been wiping down all railing handles and registers every 30 minutes.

however you can’t teach stupid:) 

What are you going to school for?

Nevada has issued a face mask order, along with many parts of florida. Texas gov saying people should stay home if they can.  Like no one told you this shit 3 months ago morons.

• Like 3

The numbers coming out of the US are just horrific. I really hope you guys continue to stay safe and well. 

I suspect UK will be hurtling into a second wave soon enough given the government's mismanagement and abysmal messaging here.  

We went to dinner last night and no one but the servers had on masks. My entire family did. Absolutely amazing how something so easy to do people do not do it. 

5 hours ago, kelley said:

We went to dinner last night and no one but the servers had on masks. My entire family did. Absolutely amazing how something so easy to do people do not do it. 

It’s only june but I think I can confidently say I won’t be visiting a restaurant until next year.

26 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

It’s only june but I think I can confidently say I won’t be visiting a restaurant until next year.

Pretty much. I only go places we really have to get stuff from, and even then its early in the morning on Sat/Sunday when most of the area is still sleeping. in NY there has been a must wear a mask order since March, and 99.99% of the people around this area actually follow it. I walked into our local McDonalds the other day and it was the first time i personally saw someone in a place without a mask in forever, and I stayed around 10 feet away until they left to grab my pickup.Was also surprised they did not tell them to leave, as every store has "Must wear a Mask sign " on the door, and places do tell people to leave from some of the stories ive heard..

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Pretty much. I only go places we really have to get stuff from, and even then its early in the morning on Sat/Sunday when most of the area is still sleeping. in NY there has been a must wear a mask order since March, and 99.99% of the people around this area actually follow it. I walked into our local McDonalds the other day and it was the first time i personally saw someone in a place without a mask in forever, and I stayed around 10 feet away until they left to grab my pickup.Was also surprised they did not tell them to leave, as every store has "Must wear a Mask sign " on the door, and places do tell people to leave from some of the stories ive heard..

I wish my wife was as sensible as you guys

This is basically us:

Old Lady GIF by Muyloco

We went to dinner.  Outdoor seating. Tables all 15 feet away. No masks when at tables. Masks when you leave your table. Waitresses wear masks. Reservations only. No lines or waiting areas. No menus.

9 hours ago, foogledricks said:

We went to dinner.  Outdoor seating. Tables all 15 feet away. No masks when at tables. Masks when you leave your table. Waitresses wear masks. Reservations only. No lines or waiting areas. No menus.

I've gone out to eat twice this month. Once was my 20th wedding anniversary & we had to do something. Big fancy Mexican restaurant with huge ceilings. No menus, every other table criss-crossed out, staff 100% in masks & I swear they didn't have the aircon cranked up to reduce recirculation. Meal good, ambience weird. Second,  wife's bestie was in town (for reasons outside of my control, grr...) and we had to go out to a steakhouse that had no clue what it was doing, but was trying to be safe. Ugh.