LCVG

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

On 6/27/2020 at 12:31 AM, Romier S said:

Haven't been out to dinner since this all started. I may give it a whirl in a few weeks but doordash has done me well.

DoorDash has been great the last 2 months lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update on my family’s situation. Our youngest boy continues to have a mild fever in the low 99s. He seemed like he was on the upswing late-Thursday and all day Friday. His temp was normal the en

Just a quick update — the test for our older boy came back negative. Of course that just means that he didn’t have it on Friday when he got tested. Considering how much exposure he’s had to his little

Posted Images

Anti-mask protest here in Austin today. Reuters/BBC posted a photo I thought I'd share:

_113139187_tv062187309.jpg

The black t-shirt reads "Snowflakes don't last long in Texas". Oh, the irony. 

• Like 1

That one guy is representative of far too many other guys. Being packed tightly in a plane with other people with recirculated air isn't the same as being outside, where exhaled breath gets dissipated instantly. Not that protestors shouldn't be wearing masks just to be safe. They absolutely need to be reminded that participating in a good cause doesn't make them immune.

This season of Jersey Shore looks like shit:

8 hours ago, King of All Cosmos said:

That one guy is representative of far too many other guys. Being packed tightly in a plane with other people with recirculated air isn't the same as being outside, where exhaled breath gets dissipated instantly. Not that protestors shouldn't be wearing masks just to be safe. They absolutely need to be reminded that participating in a good cause doesn't make them immune.

This season of Jersey Shore looks like shit:

I'm not saying I wish she got in a car accident. I'm saying that if she did, this video would be a better video. Not because of what she's saying, but anyone ranting into a phone while driving and then at the end of the rant hitting a telephone poll, is actually what is supposed to happen. And it kind of bothers me that the producer of this video didn't think to include the crash.

BTW, people's brains are wired differently. Some people are more passive and accept authority really well. Others are repulsed by authority. We all know those kids in school. I know people, friends, family, who I consider smart and reasonable people but who are very libertarian in nature and have a stick up their butt about being dictated to. It is a bias.

I'm have more of a submissive bias myself. I enjoy debating ideas with people, but on a practical level, I very much prefer that Romier spank me.

They are both the problem and those who do not wear a mask show a complete disrespect for those people who have existing conditions.

It's probably not much of a stretch to imply that a good portion of the anti-mask people are not aligned with BLM.

49 minutes ago, Camp said:

It's probably not much of a stretch to imply that a good portion of the anti-mask people are not aligned with BLM.

I find it really hard to not make leaps like this in my daily life. I have known a family for many years. Love them to pieces. And then one day they let slip that they voted for Trump. Immediately I felt differently about them in many ways. I was drawing a graph in my mind with overlapping deplorable attributes. These people must be irrational, gun lovers, immortal, stupid, racist, etc... I've known them for years, they have been nothing but kind and good and loving to my family and daughter.

And yet I ran with a data point and started assimilating it with other data points, and started to like them less.

Throwing people into buckets is a sin that negatively feeds into the likes of racism, political partisanship, and all the social discourse that is toxic and painful.

So while what you say may be right and even a useful thought. It is also the type of thinking that can lead to a dark place.

After-all, most of the people on this forum are a bunch of unhealthy middle-aged videogame-players who never grew up, are the parents of the most entitled children in history, and care more about Star Wars figurines than anything important going on in the world.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:08 PM, King of All Cosmos said:

Now have him apply the same telemetry to an unborn child, with pain receptors, brain activity, and heartbeat.

Carlos.

Yeah, we're not having an abortion discussion in this thread.

This topic has pushed slightly into the political from time to time and I've allowed it some leeway given the subject matter but you guys know better. Move on or it gets locked and we can get back to talking about those videogames/action figures.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I haven't been posting anything in this thread because at least a third of it is unhelpful ideology.  And its tiresome to tread through the crap. It's been anything but welcoming to anyone that doesn't go along with the groupthink.  So feel free to lock it down.  

34 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I haven't been posting anything in this thread because at least a third of it is unhelpful ideology.  It's been anything but welcoming to anyone that doesn't go along with the groupthink.  So feel free to lock it down.  

I barely post in this thread either mainly because I hear enough about the virus every day anyways but at no point have I stopped anyone from posting their opinions on anything related to the virus. Or responding when an opinion is challenged.  Earlier in the thread, I stated that I would allow some leeway when things veered into the political and got somewhat heated out of the interest of fairness to those involved in the discussion and considering I handle most of the moderating duties? I've kept my word and stayed out of it. I haven't removed or edited anyone's post, etc.  If you chose not to post, that's your decision.

When we veer into a topic as difficult as abortion though? That's when I feel the need to step in cause that's just not going to happen here. Generally, this is is exactly why politics/religion are off limits on the forum. Even amongst friends, shit tends to get heated and that's a big no thank you from me.

I'm not going to lock the thread. I'm hoping that folks can get back to discussing the virus, their experiences with it both personal and locally and try to keep a running a resource for news about vaccinations and/or strides being made to control the spread of the virus overall which a large bulk of this thread was very successful at doing up until recently. Past that, consider any political leeway gone regardless of ideology. If folks don't think that's worthwhile, then feel free to say so and I'll lock the thread at that point.

Thanks.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Romier S said:

I'm not going to lock the thread. I'm hoping that folks can get back to discussing the virus, their experiences with it both personal and locally and try to keep a running a resource for news about vaccinations and/or strides being made to control the spread of the virus overall which a large bulk of this thread was very successful at doing up until recently. Past that, consider any political leeway gone regardless of ideology. If folks don't think that's worthwhile, then feel free to say so and I'll lock the thread at that point.

Yeah, please don't. This is one of the biggest events of our lifetime (*up to this point, LOL, let's not think about the future right now) and it's nice to hear others' experiences with it.

Unfortunately, politics has melded with the pandemic when some decided that wearing a mask was somehow a political act, which is so hilariously bad, I don't know what else to say. So at least some political angles are going to be impossible to separate out from what is going on. We don't have to go full idiot into the political realm, though.

Anyway, everything is bearing out that our country's individualistic nature has made the USA uniquely unqualified to deal with this kind of a crisis. I see no real hope of us containing this like all of Europe has managed to figure out how to do.

1 minute ago, Romier S said:

I barely post in this thread either mainly because I hear enough about the virus every day anyways but at no point have I stopped anyone from posting their opinions on anything related to the virus. Or responding when an opinion is challenged.  Earlier in the thread, I stated that I would allow some leeway when things veered into the political and got somewhat heated out of the interest of fairness to those involved in the discussion and considering I handle most of the moderating duties, I've kept my word and stayed out of it. I haven't removed or edited anyone's post, etc.  If you chose not to post, that's your decision. 

When we veer into a topic as difficult as abortion though? That's when I feel the need to step in cause that's just not going to happen here. Generally, this is is exactly why politics/religion are off limits on the forum. Even amongst friends, shit tends to get heated and that's a big no thank you from me.

I'm not going to lock the thread. I'm hoping that folks can get back to discussing the virus, their experiences with it both personal and locally and try to keep a running a resource for news about vaccinations and/or strides being made to control the spread of the virus overall which a large bulk of this thread was very successful at doing. Past that, consider any political leeway gone regardless of ideology. If folks don't think that's worthwhile, then feel free to say so and I'll lock the thread at that point.

Thanks.

Yes, but Carlos made a point about how we are supposed to prioritize our entire lives for this virus.  Change everything around, even if it means saving just one life.  The same standard should apply to all.  56 million lives every year, lost, COVID has a LONG WAY to go to catch up.  (And that's all I have to say about that issue)

Politics are off-limits, yet political ideology has permeated this thread way more than once.  And it seems the only time they've been called out prior to today, was when I spoke up back in March.  

And the moralizing in here is atrocious.  Why would I even want to post in here?  It is my decision.  And the last two pages prove how good of one it is.  

I was hoping the thread could be all of those things as well, but it ain't.  There is zero vaccine talk, ever.  Very little personal experiences.  But I am thankful for the few of those I read and that they are almost unanimously good news.  What we do get a lot of is how bad the US is.  How bad the leadership is.  How all the problems stem from one guy in a pic that has no story, but is apparently representative of all of a certain demographic.  I think they have a word for that, oh yeah, bigoted.    

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

And the moralizing in here is atrocious.  Why would I even want to post in here?  It is my decision.  And the last two pages prove how good of one it is.  

And yet...

• Like 1
  • Bravo 1