LCVG

LCVG Coronavirus Temperature Check

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update on my family’s situation. Our youngest boy continues to have a mild fever in the low 99s. He seemed like he was on the upswing late-Thursday and all day Friday. His temp was normal the en

Just a quick update — the test for our older boy came back negative. Of course that just means that he didn’t have it on Friday when he got tested. Considering how much exposure he’s had to his little

Posted Images

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I'd like to share the following about that video. Which I think some of you might appreciate.

1. On Thursday (last week) my daughter said she wanted to record herself singing the Disney song from Tangled and make a music video
  2. I told her that I wouldn't do it unless she re-wrote the lyrics for the Coronavirus  
  3. Yeah, whatever, I re-wrote the lyrics on Thursday night
  4. She recorded the song and she edited on Friday
  5. We shot the video on Saturday, edited on Sunday, released on Sunday

My point is that it all happened very quickly. It is really easy to spend a year, which I have (twice), on a video project. It is refreshing and fun to take one from idea to release in a few days. So satisfying.

Okay, I was not aware that it was something you and your daughter made.  That makes it even more awesome!  Great work! :notbad:

Keith, I know how long projects can take, especially with great consideration toward detail, so I just want to say you both did a tremendous job on this. It strikes the right balance of quality & time invested.

You are ready for your YouTube careers to take off! This output simply needs to be reproduced starting today and continuing to ∞

38 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

UK now, finally, in lockdown.

That’ll be my planned visit to stock up on food tomorrow met with a fresh wave of hysterical panic buyers then...

Pussies! Herd immunity my ass, Boooooris!

I hope you can only import the cheap toilet paper, that one-ply cheap stuff that feels likes sandpaper and yet still manages to melt in your hand like a hot a Cadbury Dairy Milk!

holy grail french taunter GIF

😁 Stay safe in the UK friend!

Today in Minnesota...

• Gov. Walz placed himself in self-quarantine for two weeks after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
  • Lt. Gov. Flanagan's brother has died from COVID-19. He had been diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago and his immune system had been compromised. He is the second person to die of the disease in the state of Tennessee.
  • Sen. Amy Klobachar's husband is being hospitalized for COVID-19. He has not come into contact with her in the last two weeks, so she is fine (or so we think).
  • Cases in the state rose to 235 — up 66 from yesterday.

At this point, there is no shelter-in-place order in the state. It is on the table, however. Maybe it's time the governor to close the parks as well.

:picard-facepalm:

EDIT: Also, if you come near me at all, I'm going to start singing this:

1 hour ago, JFo said:

Today in Minnesota...

• Gov. Walz placed himself in self-quarantine for two weeks after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
  • Lt. Gov. Flanagan's brother has died from COVID-19. He had been diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago and his immune system had been compromised. He is the second person to die of the disease in the state of Tennessee.
  • Sen. Amy Klobachar's husband is being hospitalized for COVID-19. He has not come into contact with her in the last two weeks, so she is fine (or so we think).
  • Cases in the state rose to 235 — up 66 from yesterday.

Sen. Rand Paul has also been diagnosed with the virus. While he was waiting for the test result, he saw fit to use the Senate gym and pool. His father recently published an article claiming the virus is a hoax.

If anyone is feeling super anxious I do think that surface based contagion must be very low or else many, many more would be contracting the virus.

There’s a paper in The Lancet that presents findings that, as is said to be common with these things, the severity of symptoms is believed to have a relationship to the severity of exposure (or the “viral load” as it is known).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30232-2/fulltext

This of course puts medical personal at extraordinary high risk, but also demonstrates the value of shutting down work and social venues and adhering to the social distancing rules (and indeed washing your hands).

That’s by no means to be taken as a definitive study, and others on the similar subject will surely differ. Nevertheless, you’d think surface/item based risk is relatively minimal or else, again, the rate of people getting sick would be even bigger than we’re seeing.

I just wanted to give a shout out to my brother-in-law who is starting his new job today. He will be a nurse in the ICU at the University of Minnesota, putting him directly on the front lines in the fight against COVID-19. He completed his schooling late last year and earned his license a couple weeks ago.

Obviously, he’s a bit nervous about it all. Starting a new job is always tough, but the current situation makes it a hundred times more stressful for him (or at least I imagine it would). At any rate, we probably won’t see him for a while now, as he is likely to self-quarantine himself until he feels it’s safe for us to be around him again. 

So they released the list of "essential" businesses that can remain open in Ontario, and from reading it you can define it to include...just about everything?  It's a little like that bit in the shelter in the Bart's Comet episode of the Simpsons...

1017148.jpg?b64lines=IE9ILCBPS0FZLiBPS0F

I suppose that means that the Leftorium is closed at least. 

I haven't left the house since...Friday when I went to pick up pizza?  Kids haven't left for a week now. 

I know a lot of people resisted and are resisting the shutdown. Resisting the movement to fight the virus. But most people are not.  Most people have complied. Or have been forced to comply. Mostly.

But at some point I'm afraid that people are going to rebel against the quarantine.  And things will start to reverse.  People are gonna start to say fuck you, I'm having friends over. Fuck you, I'm a maid and I need to make money so I'm gonna clean all these filthy houses. Fuck you, I'm having secret football practices.  I'm going to work.

People are gonna say, "I'm not running out of toilet paper, I can't afford fucking toilet paper.  Fuck you government shutdown. I'm doing what I gotta do."

That's gonna happen, right?  Eventually. Cats and dogs are gonna start living together for sure.

You can still go get TP as needed, and food, and other supplies.  You pretty much just can't go shop for bullshit.  And most of us are trained to look online for that now anyway.  Even if Amazon has redirected it's vast resources to helping people get what they need, thousands of other businesses are ready and waiting to ship you some shit you don't actually need.

25 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

You can still go get TP as needed, and food, and other supplies.  You pretty much just can't go shop for bullshit.  And most of us are trained to look online for that now anyway.  Even if Amazon has redirected it's vast resources to helping people get what they need, thousands of other businesses are ready and waiting to ship you some shit you don't actually need.

My wife went to the grocery store two days ago. NOTHING is there. Empty. Slim pickings. And I understand it isn't supply lines. It is hoarding and panic.  That's immaterial though to a person who wants to buy chicken.

We digital people are thriving in this environment.  Digital download games, movies, music, books.  Whose laughing now mother fuckers.  Though I might need to buy a new harddrive.

I’m not long home from a visit to the nearest store and hysteria seems to be dying down near me (much to my relief).

I got the fruit and vegetables I wanted, some more frozen peas, eggs and most surprisingly some canned tuna.

Hopefully in the next week or so stocks of pretty much everything will be on the shelves again here. You’d think there has to come a point where the panic buyers accept they actually have everything they need. I don’t want to be too mean to them. The toilet roll I don’t understand at all, but for many who have never really learned to cook I think there’s a legitimate lack of understanding as to how much of any one ingredient they actually need. There is something quite charming about the image of tens of thousands of people potentially learning to make meals for the first time, especially in this age when one can find all the guidance they need online.

2 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Hopefully in the next week or so stocks of pretty much everything will be on the shelves again here. You’d think there has to come a point where the panic buyers accept they actually have everything they need. I don’t want to be too mean to them. The toilet roll I don’t understand at all, but for many who have never really learned to cook I think there’s a legitimate lack of understanding as to how much of any one ingredient they actually need. There is something quite charming about the image of tens of thousands of people potentially learning to make meals for the first time, especially in this age when one can find all the guidance they need online.

My kids have become a little more tolerant of what we make them and we've been making more things. Rather than chicken fingers, they've been eating actual chicken that me and my wife eat. This might be a net positive from an eating habits perspective.