LCVG

Have you seen Better Off Dead?

JTello

Have you seen Better Off Dead?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen the John Cusack movie, Better Off Dead? (May seem like a silly question, but I've been surprised that every single person I've asked has said so far has said no.)

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

I'm not sure if this movie holds up, in the sense that my daughters would enjoy it. I think so. I think I have to show this movie to my daughters.

I loved it as a kid/teenager and tried to watch it about 2-3 years ago. For me, it didn't hold up at all. Killed the nostalgia completely.

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

That's unfortunate. That's probably what I'll think then. I also loved "One Crazy Summer" which is a spiritual sequel to BOD.

Did you watch it with your daughter? Admittedly it's immature humor, so you really need to re-watch with someone more youthful, so you can feed off their experience.

I think an adult can still enjoy it for a variety of reasons, especially first time viewers, but strictly speaking to the fun moments and rewatching, I think it's best to be a bit vicarious.

I haven't watched it since I was young, so this viewing also had 'live vicariously thru my kids', 'omg 80s nostalgia', 'moments I missed as a kid', and 'oh that person was in this film' stuff. It had plenty to keep me entertained.