LCVG

YouTube Music Faves and Finds

Carlucci

Post the cool and amazing music performance videos you want to share here, any genre.    Here's Tommy Shaw from Styx, with a young musician's orchestra, in an extraordinary rendition of Fooling Yourself.

I really loved it when the lad performed the note-for-note guitar solo on violin.  Brought a tear to my eye.

Carlos. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s funny being in a relationship with someone who is a huge, huge fan of the kind of music you all but ignore. My boyfriend is a total rocker. His favorite band is The Rolling Stones, who he has seen like 10 times. I’m still not a Rolling Stones fan, but now and then he plays something that blows my mind. Here is one of those, The Black Wizards from Portugal.

Edit: I wonder if @Robot Monkey might enjoy this...?

On 5/2/2020 at 7:14 PM, rustyjaw said:

It’s funny being in a relationship with someone who is a huge, huge fan of the kind of music you all but ignore. My boyfriend is a total rocker. His favorite band is The Rolling Stones, who he has seen like 10 times. I’m still not a Rolling Stones fan, but now and then he plays something that blows my mind. Here is one of those, The Black Wizards from Portugal.

I did!

On 5/2/2020 at 6:14 PM, rustyjaw said:

That's sounded great. I guess I would put them on the "Stoner rock" category :)

I can’t get enough Donkey Kong Country music!

A note on the two tracks above: These are not remixes of the original tracks. They are the original tracks from the SNES games restored to their original uncompressed glory. The man who created them, Jammin’ Sam Miller (as goes by on YouTube) explains what he’s done:

This was made possible by locating the original audio samples used to create the soundtrack from the keyboard workstations they came from (such as the Korg Wavestation and Alesis HR16B) and combining them with the music instruction data ripped from the game, plus a little mixing and mastering magic to create what the track would have sounded like if the veil of 16-bit compression was lifted.

You can find the rest of the tracks he’s restored on his channel. Go into the Playlists section and you’ll see a one for each game in the series. It looks like he’s finished the first two games, and is currently at work restoring Donkey Kong Country 3’s music.

You can listen to them on YouTube, or you can download the individual songs themselves via GoogleDrive. All tracks are available in both FLAC and 320kbps MP3. Sadly, no vinyl version is available for you weirdos who are into that sort of thing. 😃